The Hill aka Westgate Road

Nice

That’s a reverse of the std later colours is it not
I had a late blue n silver one from the factory

Bike looks nice
I was with Colin yesterday. Still the same mad professor

Yep I saw the reversed colour scheme in 1985 in a copy of BIKE magazine on a Katana in California and got Colin to copy it after I jet washed the original paint off the front mudguard.

I think Colin did a couple because the following year I was working nights in Sunderland and one exactly the same colour and with a very similar registration number went past on Holmeside and both I and the other lad in the van initially thought it was mine that must have been stolen from Gilbridge Avenue nick. The rider very nearly got a 2 ton V6 powered transit van enema until just before I wiped him out I realised the registration was slightly different.

That would have been a bit of a whoops moment

Gilbridge

If I remember I spent a night there after bashing a couple of local hardcases from a pub I think was called the birdcage on station road
Brian somebody and Scott somebody or somebody Scott
Way back in the 80s too they didn’t press charges
So all was well they started it so I guess was only fair

I don’t recognise the bike and I thought I knew all the Jars in the north east
Funny how when I had mine not many people liked them and know there worth a fortune
Must be a few dumped in garages/ sheds somewhere ( I live in hope)
I had a fair bit of engine work on mine too best think I did was put a set of Keihin flat slides on transformed the engine response
I actually sold them to Gerry from rite bike many years later

Just heard that M and S have apparently sold their property on the Hill for redevelopment , but are staying on until they sort an out of town location, also A Z Stickers have sold the premises and Michael is retiring.

Going to be very little left

Yep
I think M&S have a year to move heard he’s getting rid of new stuff
And moving to a unit doing classics only
Micheal has got a unit in cramlington Sao he can clart on with his old bikes too
Talking to Gavin the other day from bike sport he’s staying
Who would have thought it
40 years ago was a different lifetime though
Did you notice. Joe joes AKA old custom lids AKA old blasta bates. Is just a shell now no roof

Now that is a name from the past, remember rumours of numerous bikes frames and identifiable numbered parts ending up in the Tyne

AZ Stickers is closing on 26th of this month , so if anyone is after those must have graphics for their bikes now would be the time to sort them out

Michael is moving his printer and cutter upstairs at my garage when he closes
The rest of the kit is being sold on or kept for himself.
Not sure if you know Joe Burns but he’s not got long left

Back
Top Bottom