Raffle prizes or Auction

Do all raffle prizes go to raffle, or should some be auctioned off?

• All donated raffle prizes go in the raffle

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Selected items to be auctioned off

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year we oicked out of the raffle prizes some tasty prizes that had been donated and we auctioned them off (with the donators permission I might add)

But I have a dilemma with doing this ... do people buy raffle tickets in the hope to win such a prize? No tasty prizes then the sale of tickets is reduced ... or do we auction the more desirable prizes. What say the good folks on here?

Please note that, either way, ALL proceeds go to The Great North Air Ambulance

:beerjug:

Things like that wooden model it better suited for an auction Micky. Maybe lump 3 or so prizes into an auction, everything else into “ lets empty the pubs on a Saturday night and go and stand outside a tent” Micky special ��
Steve

Logically auction means folk get items they are keen to get (and possibly even use), where raffle it goes on a shelf, and may never be used again.

But then again, raffle prizes are so cherished everybody is happy to win........

:beer:

Mr Watts, that whiskey induced cake has got my name on it........just remember that lad.
:JB

Mr Watts, that whiskey induced cake has got my name on it........just remember that lad.
:JB

Its a whisky infused cake Malc ... infused :D

Anyway ... you don't like whisky :rob

I want to know who won the Ducati watch so i can add them to my AA membership :D

Ha ha .... Cookie won the watch Rick, delighted he was. Never took it off his wrist :D

Thanks for donating it :thumby:

Ha ha .... Cookie won the watch Rick, delighted he was. Never took it off his wrist :D

Thanks for donating it :thumby:

I hope one of our whisky experts won the Aldi stuff ; would love to hear a proper drinkers verdict on it; and not just some ponsey critics .:beerjug:

hi snelly,
after eventually getting in the bottle!!!!! (bloody top kept turning and wouldn't come off) but yer can't keep a man from his whisky, well anyway, its not a bad whisky at all not bad for a blended one. Quite smooth and not harsh and doesn't burn the back of yer throat just had a couple of glasses and quite palatable

Back
Top Bottom