Motorway ‘blipper’ / smart tags - For ALL news, advice, how to get one and what’s best, irrespective of the country

Thread bump.
Has anyone else had a bill for non use of their tag, as I’ve just noticed that they have charged me €10 in April, it’s not as if I could use it to travel during the pandemic

No. The only time I paid 10 euros was an admin/postage fee when starting the contract
This fee is now 19 euros (15 admin, 4 P&P).
Fees are:
Amount of fees
Monthly management fees France: 1.7 €

Monthly management fees Spain / Portugal: 2.4 €

Monthly management fees Italy: 2.4 €

These fees are only payable in a month when you use the device. I have not had a charge since my 2019 trip.

I have just refreshed my credit card details as the previous one no longer exists (Post Office from Bank of Ireland, now Jaja). They made a reservation on my card of one euro to validate the card. Note, this is a temporary reservation, not a charge.

Are you definitely on the APRR/Mango Top Europ scheme? The reason I did not use the Eurotunnel one was because of an annual charge even if you did not use it.

No. The only time I paid 10 euros was an admin/postage fee when starting the contract
This fee is now 19 euros (15 admin, 4 P&P).
Fees are:
Amount of fees
Monthly management fees France: 1.7 €

Monthly management fees Spain / Portugal: 2.4 €

Monthly management fees Italy: 2.4 €

These fees are only payable in a month when you use the device. I have not had a charge since my 2019 trip.
I was aware of these fees, and like you I`ve been unable to use the account since 2019
Are you definitely on the APRR/Mango Top Europ scheme? The reason I did not use the Eurotunnel one was because of an annual charge even if you did not use it.
Yeah I checked that I`m on the APRR/Mango Top Europ scheme, and the invoice has the Mango logo on it, and the 1 euro annual test charge I was aware of as it was a normal thing.
The charge on my card has only recently been applied, and I initially though that it had been fraudulently used so I logged in my TAG account and checked for activity, and it clearly shows the new invoice for "Frais de non utilisation" so they must be a little slow billing customers
But to be charged 10 euro (8,33 + 1.67 tax) for "Frais de non utilisation" is a new one on me. It looks like I`ll have to accept it as its from late march/early april and I wasn`t on the ball so probably far too late to try to have it overturned. But as travel future options open up I`ll make more use of it or ditch it, especially if I make more use of my Portuguese Via Verde TAG that has similar properties and can be used in Spain

Anyone else with a APRR/Mango Top Europ (or similar) TAG account might want to keep an eye out for this unexpected new charge, as it seems they might be following SANIF down the annual fee route

Apologies because I know this has been done to death on here many times but being a simple fool and despite having done internet searches I'm still very confused.
I'm hoping to head to France next month and would like to make the Peages as simple as possible.
There appear to be a myriad of options out there so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a particular option and explain to me how the process works in terms of ensuring I'm only charged for riding a motorcycle and not a car please.
Apologies and thanks again in advance.

I use the APRR tag, now called Mango

Normally it costs you 1.70 euros per month that you use it in France & nothing when you don't use it, there’s an offer on at the moment so No charge for months used in France :thumb2

They work perfectly, car or bike so you can swap vehicles, 4 countries covered, no more faffing or queueing

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/topeurop-fepi

Check this post for details but as long as you avoid the lanes reserved for cars you will be automatically charged as a motorcycle

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...oth-location?p=6148926&viewfull=1#post6148926

There are sensors in the road and height sensors. They mostly work when you ask for a ticket as there is a display. This should say Class 5.

Now, if you stop or go slowly when using the TAG you can also see the display on the screen with your class 5 appearing briefly as you pass

The simplest way to check you are charged the correct amount is look at the bill, usually issued monthly. These should list the Class for each transaction as well as the location. I have never known a wrong transaction. You can raise a query if it is wrong.

On an odd occasion the sensors do not pick up the TAG or bike. In this case push the button and bellow, "TAG motard" and the operator will rescan for the TAG and has always picked it up. I think it is usually not seeing the bike rather than the TAG.

Just make sure you do not use the lanes marked "cars only" as these might charge you incorrectly and might decapitate you as they are low.

I use the SANEF tag.

Despite all sorts of horror stories on this site, I have never been ripped off.

I use the APRR tag, now called Mango

Normally it costs you 1.70 euros per month that you use it in France & nothing when you don't use it, there’s an offer on at the moment so No charge for months used in France :thumb2

They work perfectly, car or bike so you can swap vehicles, 4 countries covered, no more faffing or queueing

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/topeurop-fepi

Check this post for details but as long as you avoid the lanes reserved for cars you will be automatically charged as a motorcycle

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...oth-location?p=6148926&viewfull=1#post6148926

I have had this APRR/Mango TAG for some time and I have used it in Spain, France & Portugal. As you will see in the other thread, getting one if you are in the UK can be problematic now.

The other thing to bear in mind is that some of these TAGS will levy a charge if they are not used very often. With the Mango/APRR one they will charge 10 euros if you do not use it in a calendar year. I have had this for 2021 as I made no trips abroad.

If you make regular trips, like I would in a normal year, then the TAGS are very worthwhile, especially in Portugal where they read your number plate with ANPR, not the TAG. Therefore, make sure you keep your account up to date with the vehicle details. With APRR, this is easy on their website.

Even with the very modest additional charge they might make for the month of use, they are an invention of genius.

I forgot mine on my last jaunt in November. I had forgotten what a faff it is on a motorbike, even when using a credit card to pay. It’s not much less of a faff in a car. Get one and faff less.

Even with the very modest additional charge they might make for the month of use, they are an invention of genius.

Yes.

I have to travel again, by car, down south and still without tags. :(

As wessie correctly pointed out above, obtaining Mango tags is difficult (it was impossible for me) at the moment.
I've had issues and, while investigating about it, found a number of people online getting stuck for the same roadblock I faced.
Emovis doesn't work with the Telepass (Italian motorway) system.

Yes.

I have to travel again, by car, down south and still without tags. :(

As wessie correctly pointed out above, obtaining Mango tags is difficult (it was impossible for me) at the moment.
I've had issues and, while investigating about it, found a number of people online getting stuck for the same roadblock I faced.
Emovis doesn't work with the Telepass (Italian motorway) system.

Maybe get a SANEF - Emovis tag, if only for the French part of your journey?

But, doesn't the Telepass tag work? They seem to list Italy, France and other countries, apparetly on one tag or so it seems from a quick read.

Did you get them in France directly?
I remember vaguely you posting about your tags a couple of years ago maybe?

SANEF - Emovis does France and Spain and Portugal only, but yes, it might still be worth it.
When I travel to Rome now I do a new (sometimes faster) route that skips most of the motorways after passing Genova/Liguria. :)

And it will still cut the "stretch-across-the-car-to-reach-the-machine" routine by 50%.
Warning NSFW content: https://www.instagram.com/p/BikqeJGH9NC/ :D

The Italian Telepass would work in France from what I know (long time since I had one). But I cannot have a Telepass thingie because I essentially don't "exist" financially in Italy anymore. I have no bank accounts there, and it's complex to subscribe contracts, etc. ;)

I bought the French tag directly from the SANEF-Emovis office in Leeds (or somewhere similarly northern) and two subsequent renewals the same way. Very efficient service, as the tags arrive near enough by return.

https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/subscription/

I'll get their similar tag(s) for Spain and Portugal when I next go.

I just ordered them online from the Emovis website.
They use UK-sided billing so there shouldn't be any issues this time. :)

I'll try to through a mixed Telepass/card gate when back in Rome. There is a couple of low traffic tolls where I can give it a try without pissing anyone off.

Hello Bill. I've just signed up for the Mango device following the info found on here....no real issues, just supplied the iban code for my Starling account as the payment source, and they didn't have a problem. Had an email this morning saying the device has been posted and looking forward to trying it in France and Italy in May/June.

The main issue I can see is that you have to get the Telepass at any Punto Blu.
Punto Blu are essentially some shops you find immediately after the toll where you can park and make your telepass subscription. It has to be in person though.
I'll go ask them in March.

supplied the iban code for my Starling account as the payment source, and they didn't have a problem. Had an email this morning saying the device has been posted and looking forward to trying it in France and Italy in May/June.

Let me know how it goes.
Mango was my first choice.

What do you do in Spain/Portugal when you have two or more vehicles?

In France, you just move the tag from vehicle to vehicle. The size and class of vehicle is done by sensors at the toll gate. That is what happens with my current Sanef/ Emovi tag.

My understanding is that in Spain and Portugal they rely on anpr cameras and so the tag device in the van has to be logged against a particular vehicle. Or am I overthinking this.

You have to purchase a separate tag with Sanef/Emovi, so Mango’s one tag for France, Spain and Portugal is an attractive proposition

Back
Top Bottom