How have you mounted your mobile phone on your bike? This is really targeted at LC

It sounds an expensive arse on just to charge a phone.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

In the world where stand alone gps units becoming less and less used, I don’t see a reason why mobile phone is a bad choice. For example, Google maps are far easier to use on a day to day basis than Nav V/VI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you but the op stated that it is purely for the purpose of charging the phone

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

It is not the holding of phones that is the issue and use of a cradle does not protect you from the law if you touch the screen whilst riding and the same applies to satnavs ; Cleveland Police Inspector Phil Grieve, “If the mobile phone is held in a cradle then it must not be touched throughout that journey. The moment you touch or handle your mobile phone as part of your journey, then in effect an offence is being committed.”
The same applies for use of a satnav . I do accept that if it’s just a cradle to charge and a cradle to hold and see, then OK, but each to their own .....
If you have a navV /VI you can at least do things without being seen to touch the screen

Quad lock.

46de5189d0794e1293ed040069c04cea.jpg
0a82ef9b716b9b224df2ad04c5f4bb05.jpg
0affba7c1660edac82e29670a319a1fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awful screws and nuts, I hate cut screws, why dont you pop into an engineers supply store and get some correct S/S bolts and Nylock nuts.
Make it look a proper job.

After I had started this post, I tried to change the title and omit the LC part.

Please would you change the title and omit the LC part and return the post to the place where it was first posted.
I am more likely to receive posts from all Tossers and not just those likeminds with LC's live. :thumb

Thanks.

The comment is not about you, its advice for RD on how not to do it.

It is not the holding of phones that is the issue and use of a cradle does not protect you from the law if you touch the screen whilst riding and the same applies to satnavs ; Cleveland Police Inspector Phil Grieve, “If the mobile phone is held in a cradle then it must not be touched throughout that journey. The moment you touch or handle your mobile phone as part of your journey, then in effect an offence is being committed.”
The same applies for use of a satnav . I do accept that if it’s just a cradle to charge and a cradle to hold and see, then OK, but each to their own .....
If you have a navV /VI you can at least do things without being seen to touch the screen

The inspector can say what he likes, it’s the courts that decide on interpretation of the law, not the rozzers. Sadly some of them often forget that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My phone stays in my pocket, it’s safer there and can’t disturb me when riding, when I stop for a break, I take out and have look just in case I have missed any calls or have any texts.

After I had started this post, I tried to change the title and omit the LC part.

Please would you change the title and omit the LC part and return the post to the place where it was first posted.
I am more likely to receive posts from all Tossers and not just those likeminds with LC's live. :thumb

Thanks.

It was in the GPS section.

It’s about mounting a phone (it might as well have been about mounting a flowerpot) onto a BMW 1200 WC.

You’ve got your answers.

May cause additional distractions …, keep it in your pocket .. my mate didn't and now he's not here.

Sorry to hear that, lives turn on such little things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My phone stays in my pocket, it’s safer there and can’t disturb me when riding, when I stop for a break, I take out and have look just in case I have missed any calls or have any texts.

Bugger this is becoming a habit, third time this year I’ve had to agree with Engineer.

I ride on my own quite a bit, I keep the phone in my top front pocket never left on the bike, my own personal theory being if I ever get spat off the bike, I may just stand a chance of making a call. No chance if its tangled up in the bike somewhere down the road or field. On tour I carry one of those battery packs about same size as a phone, charges my phone for about 14 attempts before it needs recharging and fits in the same pocket as the phone.

I use a quad lock but on the handle bar mounted next to the riser. Works well there and run the power cable over the back of the Nav 5 and to the phone. Keeps it charged and the phone in easy reach when stopped.

Handlebar Ram ball. Ram arm. Square Ram base plate. Velcro - hook on the base plate. Loop on the back of the phone. Easiest and a secure mounting solution.

any vibration issues with the quad lock ? read a few stories were the phone can vibrate loose then jump out the holder

Back
Top Bottom