How have you mounted your mobile phone on your bike? This is really targeted at LC

It is not the holding of phones that is the issue and use of a cradle does not protect you from the law if you touch the screen whilst riding and the same applies to satnavs ; Cleveland Police Inspector Phil Grieve, “If the mobile phone is held in a cradle then it must not be touched throughout that journey. The moment you touch or handle your mobile phone as part of your journey, then in effect an offence is being committed.”
The same applies for use of a satnav . I do accept that if it’s just a cradle to charge and a cradle to hold and see, then OK, but each to their own .....
If you have a navV /VI you can at least do things without being seen to touch the screen

That’s totally wrong, until the law is changed.

You can flick through your music etc if you want if it’s in a cradle. As long as you are in full control etc

Do you think an iPhone is protected enough from vibrations with the BMW cradle?
if the answer is yes then this clearly is the best setup if you have nav prep.

I reckon it’ll be fine, but only time will tell.

Hi I’m interested in how you are getting on with BMW Connect ?
Also do you know if it’s only worth having it with a TFT screen ?
I can’t seem to find a straight answer on what functions will work with the older dial clocks

Regards Andy

Hi I’m interested in how you are getting on with BMW Connect ?
Also do you know if it’s only worth having it with a TFT screen ?
I can’t seem to find a straight answer on what functions will work with the older dial clocks

Regards Andy

Try the GPS section, there a several threads on it, along with some helpful advice.

Back
Top Bottom