Creating a custom route on the gizmo only

Bounce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK chaps.....I've tried to create a custom route on the zumo only using the process below, but then had a spot of bother:

> Tools
> Custom routes
> New
> Add new start point
> Add new end point
> Once I'd input all the places, I then pressed 'next' thinking it would give me the option to start the route.....but no....nothing actually happened.

I clicked on cancel & was prompted to save my changes which I did, and then went to click on next.....nothing happened.

Could someone who has successfully completed said task let me know what I need to do please.

Thanks

This worries me. A lot. You are my backup; please tell me you know what you're doing?!:D

This worries me. A lot. You are my backup; please tell me you know what you're doing?!:D

Am just having a play around in the custom route part.....it appears straight forward.....and then it doesn't co-operate!!!!

I can still input places, but just want to input several points to create a route.

Relax......worry ye not ;)

All is well.....managed to find a PDF version of the manual online, and I was following the correct process; I had to do a soft reset as the 'next' button wasn't co-operating, but it now appears to be....:D

ok first hit where to, then select custom routes, select new, then enter your start point either by finding it or entering via address/post code or recently found, or city . once done hit select, now add end point the same way, if adding more than 2 points you need to add them in order, if doing this press the down arrow now and add your next point by pressing add new end point, then press select, once done press next it will calculate route, you then get the option to save, once saved it will then give you the option to GO. if you hit GO it will now take you on the route if you dont and go out of it it will now be saved under custom routes under the name of your end point from start point, hope this helps any probs reply back

ok first hit where to, then select custom routes, select new, then enter your start point either by finding it or entering via address/post code or recently found, or city . once done hit select, now add end point the same way, if adding more than 2 points you need to add them in order, if doing this press the down arrow now and add your next point by pressing add new end point, then press select, once done press next it will calculate route, you then get the option to save, once saved it will then give you the option to GO. if you hit GO it will now take you on the route if you dont and go out of it it will now be saved under custom routes under the name of your end point from start point, hope this helps any probs reply back

Just been messing around with this again.....added 5 places in & hit next....now it's not playing!!

My battery is low, so perhaps it doesn't have enough juice to perform the route calculation...

post up the five points you are using in the order you wish to go so i can try it on my unit

post up the five points you are using in the order you wish to go so i can try it on my unit

> Montbeliard, France
> Andermatt, Suisse
> Obergoms, Suisse
> Visp, Suisse
> Bourg Saint Pierre, Suisse

....& thank you

its come back with faster time distance 280 miles time 5hrs 10 mins saved as bourg saint pierre from montbeliard, worked on both my 660 units and 550, do you have the correct mapping on the unit by correct i mean full europe

Battery may be an issue but would have thought as long as it was on it would work.

its come back with faster time distance 280 miles time 5hrs 10 mins saved as bourg saint pierre from montbeliard, worked on both my 660 units and 550, do you have the correct mapping on the unit by correct i mean full europe

Battery may be an issue but would have thought as long as it was on it would work.

Yes, full maps are installed.

I exited the custom route option, and went to the home screen & clicked on view maps, and it appears to be calculating (something).....battery is on 1 bar, so I may just charge it up and try it later this evening again.

Thx for your help Lee.

Please make sure it’s working peroperly before our next trip!

Yes, full maps are installed.

I exited the custom route option, and went to the home screen & clicked on view maps, and it appears to be calculating (something).....battery is on 1 bar, so I may just charge it up and try it later this evening again.

Thx for your help Lee.

I installed some GPX files on the Nav6 last night, with 1 bar left it shut down and did not finish the last leg of the route, so plugged it into mains with usb and all went well.

No probs get back if the problem continues

:thumb2

Please make sure it’s working properly before our next trip!

I will for def....;)

I installed some GPX files on the Nav6 last night, with 1 bar left it shut down and did not finish the last leg of the route, so plugged it into mains with usb and all went well.

I'm currently @ 71% calculating (something) with 1 bar.....I'll charge it up tonight & try again tomorrow...:thumb2

Did a full reset and put the gizmo onto charge for a bit.

Successfully created a custom route & saved it .

Will fully charge the gizmo when out tomorrow and edit the route a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a full reset and put the gizmo onto charge for a bit.

Successfully created a custom route & saved it .

Will fully charge the gizmo when out tomorrow and edit the route a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet Nutty feels safer now............:bash:bash

Back
Top Bottom