Rybrook Wolverhampton Motorrad - poor customer service for weeks.

Spot on.
My local dealer Coopers Sunderland only open the service desk every other Saturday even though they have a big list of jobs.......hopeless

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rybrooks and Covid

Popped down to Rybrooks yesterday. Wednesday 24/06/2020.

Forget it unless you have an appointment.
Wasn’t encouraged to just walk around.

No big deal. But if your making a special visit. I would advise you to make an appointment first.

Rybrooks and Covid

Popped down to Rybrooks yesterday. Wednesday 24/06/2020.

Forget it unless you have an appointment.
Wasn’t encouraged to just walk around.

No big deal. But if your making a special visit. I would advise you to make an appointment first.

Non of the dealers are encouraging you to pop in for a browse / wander.

All clothing dept's are closed.

It's mainly new bike pick up, sales px's / general enquires & servicing -

I had a 3 hr wait Saturday to get my warranty work done on the GS,

weather was good, and i had a good book ;)

The last two new Gs I bought only had one key and a plastic master key. 2018 2020

Non of the dealers are encouraging you to pop in for a browse / wander.

All clothing dept's are closed.

It's mainly new bike pick up, sales px's / general enquires & servicing -

I had a 3 hr wait Saturday to get my warranty work done on the GS,

weather was good, and i had a good book ;)
Agreed, my mate was looking at changing his XR, end of PCP. Poor service from BMW. He went for a test ride on the new XR900, didn’t like it so thought about the new 1000. No real encouragement so he went to Kawasaki, got a great deal from dealers in Colchester including free delivery of the new bike and pick up of his.

To me they are incompetent and have given poor service in general, but have a read and judge for yourself...…...

After 4 weeks and dozens of emails/phone calls I'm going public with what I consider very poor service and general incompetence from this dealer - and indeed BMW UK and the Rybrook HO - because after 4 weeks the issues I've had have all pretty much been accepted, but nothing has actually been sorted, despite them saying they would.

I know it's an "Approved Used BMW Motorcycle" - which if you read the BMW web site promises a brilliant user carefree experience and a top quality product and service, - yea right:blast BMW UK said "your contract is with the dealer and we will not get involved". Great support! - so their "Approved Used" details on the web site are just a load of marketing guff, don't believe a word of it. I'm sure if it was a major incident they would help? but for the trivial stuff which is just disappointing when buying a bike they don't give a second though to it - shame on you BMW UK:barf

As for Rybrook Wolverhampton - a main BMW Motorrad dealer, they have done very little other than stretch this issue out and ignore me time after time over the past 4 weeks. This should have been a very quick turnaround sorted by one phone call, but they have continually ignored me, or committed to action they have still not followed though on.

Ironically the bike itself is fine and I'm happy with it, it's the list of petty incompetence which has wound me up, and especially as it's so easy to fix, yet 4 weeks on not a single thing has actually been addressed or sorted. here is the list of issues the bike was delivered with:

1. Bike delivered with tyre pressures of 33psi in the front, and 27psi in the rear - should both be 42psi.

2. 4 missing screws around the fairing - agreed not immediately visible, but obviously last person to have the fairing off had a handful of spare parts left - totally unacceptable from main dealer.

3. The tool kit only has a couple of items included, but one of them was missing, so not checked.

4. Only one keyless fob was supplied despite them telling me all the keys were present - the handbook supplied with the bike states two - the dealer says it's just one, BMW say this is not part of their charter!

5. The chrome windshield fitting were fitted upside down, and cannot be turned round the right way now as they have wear scratches on the windscreen.

6. I was told the bike was services 2000 miles ago and didn't need a service - it actually worked out time wise at 3 months and two weeks before it's next one is due, they say their cut off point for them doing a service on an "approved BMW" is 3 months, so I now have to pay for the service due in a matter of weeks - I feel duped at the very least by this deliberate omission.

7. The bikes previous owner had added several non BMW badges to the bike - they agreed these would be removed, but then failed to do this and delivered it with them still in situ.

8. The dealer supplied both my email address and phone number incorrectly to BMW UK - who then could not identify me for security when I contacted them!

None of this is life changing stuff, it should not have happened, but I'm more annoyed at the list of trivial issues and total fob off nature of the responses from Rybrook and BMW. I bought an "Approved used BMW" because I though it would be a trouble free experience - but with these guys they took my money and don't bother with any of the detail, which sours the whole experience of buying a new bike.

So buyer beware, I didn't buy a lemon, I just bought from the wrong dealer, who after 4 weeks has still not confirmed the final outcome of this, which as mentioned, to me should have been a quick couple of phone calls within a week of delivery to sort this out...………..but I'm still waiting for a final (with a bit of luck) reply after my last email 5 days ago has still not been answered - totally unacceptable from a customer point of view. I've once again asked their HO to get the branch to contact me - this is the third time I've had to do this over the past month, so it shows their not following this or are particularly bothered about sorting this quickly either:nenau

James

I think now is a particularly bad time to buy any used vehicle as the main dealers are short-staffed with technicians. I have recently purchased an Approved Used Audi and some very obvious things were overlooked that were on the "exacting 145-point checklist".

I would not argue that all your points are poor service apart from 4) - Keyless ride bikes are supplied with one "proper" key and one plastic one. Non-keyless are supplied with 2 "proper" keys. Or has anyone had a different experience?

This is an old post from when there was no virus, so no real excuse for the shoddy PDI, and as for the keys - I'm fine with the reply, it was the fact the salesman told me there were two key fobs that annoyed me as he clearly didn't check and just let aftersales worry about it :blast

Anyway - two years on and I'm now looking for a new Grand America at well over £20k - and guess where I will not even be contacting :hippy

or 100,000 bikes at £100 saving. Is that not 10 million pounds???

No because they dont cost £100 to make work on rules of thirds so £33 to make - only a third of the figure you thought of...

roundabout the millenium, we had an oem pay the company i worked for at that time £7 for a set of parts (5 items) that went into each car they built

The dealer would charge £35 to supply one of the parts individually .. and that wasn't a premium brand either

Back
Top Bottom