Zumo 660 trying to update maps on Garmin Express - Help Please !!!

YellowRS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have not updated my lifetime maps on my 660 for over 5 years and so have just purchased a new correct usb cable.

I am connecting to my laptop using windows 7 and have just installed the latest Garmin Express.

However when I open Express although it starts searching for my device, my 660 just shows "Close Battery Door" on its screen.

I have tried all the different usb ports on the computer and rebooted it also but it cannot see the 660 !!

Please can anyone help me and tell me where I am going wrong ??:nenau

Many thanks

It sounds like you have the wrong cable. Is it a genuine Garmin cable ?

Ummm, I think Win7 may no longer be supported by Garmin? Check on their site but I think Win10 is required.

Ummm, I think Win7 may no longer be supported by Garmin? Check on their site but I think Win10 is required.

I have just loaded Garmin Express on my works computer which is running Windows 10 but still no joy ?

Any other thoughts please

Much appreciated

I'm running Garmin Basecamp and Express on Win7 x64 with no problems yet (hopefully this won't change!).

OK Progress !!

Ive re-booted both Laptop and 660 and bingo it has now recognised the unit and allowed me to update all UK maps.

My 660 is fitted with a 16 memory card but it will not allow me to upload mainland Europe because it says Card is "incompatable" but this is the card it originally loaded Europe onto 5 years ago ?::blast

Either I'm a dullard or this Garmin software is not very user friendly :nenau

Install another larger card

What is it with size of cards on this site, the endless desire to load bigger and bigger cards?

Many of the problems reported on this section revolve around bods using old and / or possibly corrupted cards... simply because “Well, it worked before”. SD card’s are cheap. Buy a new (modestly sized) good quality card and try again.

Back
Top Bottom