Zumo 395 LM pissing me off!

shready

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Zumo 395 LM and have just used it for a trip around the Pyrenees.

I split the complete route into 8 separate days and created a route for each day in Basecamp using shaping points and no waypoints at all. I took my tme getting them all perfect with no silly detours and all going in the correct direction. Same map versions on the Zumo and Basecamp and settings on computer and Zumo match.

So I export them all to the Zumo and for some reason the Zumo adds in a load of flags along my route. the route is pretty much as I planned it but some of these flags are slightly off route, only slightly, sending me up a road for 20 yards to go back to the original route. If I ignore a flag like that it tells me I'm off route and assumes I will go back to the missed flag. Also, some of the flags I clearly pass but it misses them and again says I'm off route.

Does anyone know why it adds these feckin flags to my routes please? Because if I cannot sort it the thing is going up for sale.

Somehow the shaping points (which I guess you created - as opposed to waypoints - and which should appear as little blue dots) are off the road are appearing as wayploints, little orange flags.

I can only assume that this is because they were either placed there or there is some fundemental difference in the mapping. But, before we go there, did you check your route after you created it, zooming in to ensure that the shaping point you placed on a road in order to force the route to take a certain direction, was actually on the road you wanted to take?

As an effective workaround, you can change the flags into little blue dots but it won’t move them. At least it’ll stop you getting sent back to them. You can probably make the change from within the device itself.... I’ll see if I can find the thread on how to change them.....

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...mp-A-for-those-that-have-figured-it-out/page2

Post #21 onwards

PS It’s quite possible you shaped the route using waypoints, which will appear as orange flags, no matter where you place them. Similarly, it’s quite possible you placed the points off the road.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom