KTM 525 "Touring"

My new oil cooler
1380b0b708296189a24831d12be0c91f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

lovely,where did you get that from

loz

Well new sub frames

I have the steel in the garage for it now which is an unusual size and will start making a jig up soon, so if anyone wants one Im sure we could to some arangement.

OK Im at last going to build a new rear sub frame out of solid steel as Ive decided to keep the bike instead of getting an AJP or a 790 (for this year anyway) so my question is if Im building one does anyone else want one, there will be a cost obviously as this isnt a 2 min thing to do but the advantage is that I will be able to add luggage and it will no longer be the weak point of the bike.

OK Im at last going to build a new rear sub frame out of solid steel as Ive decided to keep the bike instead of getting an AJP or a 790 (for this year anyway) so my question is if Im building one does anyone else want one, there will be a cost obviously as this isnt a 2 min thing to do but the advantage is that I will be able to add luggage and it will no longer be the weak point of the bike.

Go on then Mark, I'll try one, as I intend to keep this one as well.
Mark

New Subframe

Using the lockdown to work on the new subframe which will add a couple of kg's but will allow me to carry a small rack and luggage

Attachments

• IMG_4902.jpg
    IMG_4902.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 490
is it steel or stainless?
I have been trying to locate some steel the same size but with no luck.

When you do, I'm sure it would be easier for you to practice by making one for a 520 first...... :)

Its solid steel, I ordered the solid and box section but decided to make it from the solid draw as it will be much stronger and only add about 4kg, I am currently making up the rear rack that will be to take a tool bag so I can get all my tools off my back.

Only thing is now that I have just about finished it I am really feeling the draw to a 701 or a 790 as I need to get something bigger to compete in the Gibraltar rally next year as the buggers have changed the rules on me

All finished

Well all finished now so just need to get the bike MOT'd for when were allowed out again so I can do the Ice Breaker Challenge.

Problem is now I have my eye on something else so I will be putting this up for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpg
    IMG_5010.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 337
  • InkedIMG_5047_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_5047_LI.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 335
  • InkedIMG_5049_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_5049_LI.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 342
Looks tidy Mark. When you say putting up for sale, do you mean the subframe of the whole bike?
Mark

The whole bike is going to go to have to make way for a PR7 or a 790 as the rules for the Gibraltar Rally have bow changed and the bike needs to be a published weight of 145 kgs and not weighed in at, last time I think that I got it to 148 kgs with 10 litres of fuel in.

Looking for about 5k I guess with everything but its a hell of a tool which you can ride in a rally or round the world with luggage on it now.

Mine so far.
Trail Tech stator and RR
ADV Monster lights
Seat Concepts
Pro Motion rack
TT side stand
Fastway pegs
Cush drive wheel

and much more....

Today I've been fiddling to fit a later 525 Safari tank.

Some things to do:
Beef up sub frame (please please Craig :D )
Use a freshly overhauled set of sx525 forks and triple clamp when using the monster tanks.

loads more to to as always :)

20210316_162818-01-XL.jpg

20210316_162835-01-XL.jpg

Massive!
20210316_162850-01-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom