WTF is going on with insurance

Last year (Aug 2018) 2017 GSA TB renewed through The Bike Insurer with Hastings - £100.90 £400 total excesses. They had quoted £142.79 had I continued with their renewal letter process. In any event a good premium. :thumb
New GSA HP £ 273.36. with £525 excess.
Done The Bike Insurer and Compare The Market and there is very little movement in the premium compared to the one I achieved last year. :nenau

Price of WC GS theft countrywide

It's annoying that your existing firm can't just come up with the best renewal quote, but they don't. So (like every year for the last 10) most of us spend an hour on the internet or ringing round to save money. Most save a 3 figure sum and yet still moan like fcuk about wasting their time to do it. I wish I was on £100 per hour...as it's normal for me to chase the cheaper policy, I accept it, happy with the eventual saving.

I know what the OP means. I live in a London suburb and have always parked my bike on my front drive (no fence etc) as I can't get it down the side of my semi-detached, and cannot find a garage for less than £200 a week nearby either.

So, I have had this bike for 8 years, no problems with theft in my area (or the bike isn't that appealing), and because I have people on my doorstep that like to go on TV (TOWIE) and have vagazzles, it seems to have spiked my insurance.

So, being a lazy sod I just auto-renewed as there wasn't much difference in price this year. I took out the policy and renewed it, they then called me after taking the payment to say "You're not insured if you park on your drive!" even though the quote stated it was. So, do I park it on the road where it will be insured? WTF!

It seems there is one company based in Gibraltar that seems to be insuring A LOT of cars around London, undercutting the bigger companies massively sadly i cannot seem to find if they cover MCs.

49, IG8 postcode, Fully Comp, £280 a year on an RT07. If I insured it to my Dad's in the Cotwolds £59!

2005 1150GSA £79 for the year with free breakdown cover:thumby:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-194425.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-194425.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 129
It's annoying that your existing firm can't just come up with the best renewal quote, but they don't.

So (like every year for the last 10) most of us spend an hour on the internet or ringing round to save money.

Most save a 3 figure sum and yet still moan like fcuk about wasting their time to do it.

I wish I was on £100 per hour...as it's normal for me to chase the cheaper policy, I accept it, happy with the eventual saving.

Got my renewal invitation from RH Insurance, down £17...... from 2021 price

Good company to do business with and makes a nice change, from the 'ripped off stories' on here

Bike insurance with BMW Devit down £9 from last year, car insurance down £35 from last year, was good to hear.

Back
Top Bottom