Fit like from Aberdeen

Kameloil

Reaction score
Good to find an active forum. Ordered and trying to wait patiently for an F750GS Sport due in November. Living in Aberdeen for the last 7 years so will need snow tyres by the time the bike arrives. Trading in a Ducati 696 that has done me proud, but looking forward to something more practical for this part of the world.

Good to find an active forum. Ordered and trying to wait patiently for an F750GS Sport due in November. Living in Aberdeen for the last 7 years so will need snow tyres by the time the bike arrives. Trading in a Ducati 696 that has done me proud, but looking forward to something more practical for this part of the world.

Welcome. Where are you getting the 750 from? I was told JC had stopped doing bikes there so only Dundee or Inverness? Out of the two I would choose Inverness I suspect

Many thanks for the warm welcome...matched by the abnormally warm weather today, 18 degrees and warmer than London it seems. Who says that Scotland doesn't have good weather, maybe it was the Ducati overheating ;)

The bike is from JC in Aberdeen, they been doing bikes for a while now, probably over two years. I'll admit that they get a bad rep locally (I'll never buy an Audi again, don't judge me on my car taste) but Simon who runs the Mottorad section has been excellent and I'm hoping for a improvement on the delivery date.

I fully intended to buy a Triumph Tiger 800 XRX and really enjoyed the test ride. For comparison I tried the Yamaha Tracer MT09 GT and that was great and frighteningly fast. Ecosse had an Africa Twin I really liked but its sheer size put me off. Finally I went to BMW to look at what they had, as I wanted a local dealer. I decided to try the new F850GS and was blown away. The size of the bike and its price tag were my only concern so when the new demonstrator 750 arrived I was intrigued, same engine, road biased, lower seat and cheaper, well I couldn't resist. It helped that I was offered an overnight test ride so waking up to the bike in my garage was an evil plan to liberate those pennies.

So anyone got any friends on the production line?

The bike is from JC in Aberdeen, they been doing bikes for a while now, probably over two years.

They've been doing bikes in Aberdeen, although somewhat on and off, for as long as I've had dealings with them in Dundee and that's coming up to 14 years.

Back
Top Bottom