Thread: Bit of advice on a low model needed.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bit of advice on a low model needed.

Hi, could use some advice please, Ive been offered a really good deal on a 2012 GS factory low model. Trouble is Im 62 and would be better with a standard model. What I want to know then, is it just a shorter rear shock, is the front lower too, would a standard shock drop straight in, or is the frame geometry/size different.
    Is there a tall seat option too, this has a low seat fitted.
    Thanks.

Different side stand cant fit esa to low model Not sure on geometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIGILUM Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Have a read of the link below to find most of the information you need BTW your height is not really the issue but rather your inseam as tall men tend to have long trunks whereas most tall women have long legs

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...actory+lowered
    It will be alright in the end, so if it is not alright then it is not the end

Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    Have a read of the link below to find most of the information you need BTW your height is not really the issue but rather your inseam as tall men tend to have long trunks whereas most tall women have long legs

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...actory+lowered
    And that's a good thing Imo

VIGILUM Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zx9man View Post
    And that's a good thing Imo
    Amen to that
    It will be alright in the end, so if it is not alright then it is not the end

Thanks gents, makes interesting reading.

One interesting fact is I have a 29 inch inside leg and I get on very well with the gsa in low seat format perhaps it's more a confidence thing and that will come with time

I'm only 5'8" with an instep to the ground of 32 inches (not to be confused with inside leg for trousers...30.5" for me...which some people use in the comparison!). I find the standard GS perfect with the standard seat set to "low". My GSA is easily manageable with the standard seat to (balls of feet on ground), but with luggage and extra mass, I'd be happier with the low or standard Exclusive Rider's seat. At 6'2" your problem with the low bike might be the shorter peg to seat height that comes with lower suspension. This can make for less comfortable long spells in the saddle, but you may be ok with the seat raised to high or with the higher seat fitted. Personally, at your height, I'd be looking for the standard model.

I might be wrong, but I don't think lowering the suspension changes the seat to peg measurement

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    Different side stand cant fit esa to low model Not sure on geometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really! You can on 2013 < (LC models)

Quote Originally Posted by Frequentflyer View Post
    I might be wrong, but I don't think lowering the suspension changes the seat to peg measurement
    It does, but only with regard to the low seat option (if fitted).
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequentflyer View Post
    Yes...realised my mistake after posting! Pegs are attached to frame so height of suspension is irrelevant, only height of seat matters

Bought it anyway. With standard seat on high setting its fine, I spoke to Tony Archer before I bought it, he can raise the seat by two inches without it look odd, but to be honest I’m happy how it is, I can easily flat foot, and the bike still feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akulaking View Post
    Bought it anyway. With standard seat on high setting its fine, I spoke to Tony Archer before I bought it, he can raise the seat by two inches without it look odd, but to be honest I’m happy how it is, I can easily flat foot, and the bike still feels comfortable.
    Looking odd.