My re introduction..

Speedy1959

Reaction score
Blime I just looked to see when I was originally on here... 2015 !!

I better re introduce myself..
Hi everyone my name is Simon and I live between Blackpool and Lancaster.
My previous BMW bike was a 2009 1200GS

My current bike is a 2004 Suzuki GSX1400 !

I am giving very serious thought to returning to the BMW fold.
I have chance of a 2011 1200GS TU with 26,000 miles on the clock for £6,200.. Is that a reasonable price or could I do better?
It is quite a basic model in that it has manually adjusted suspension (less to go wrong?) but comes with wire wheels.
I have lost touch with the various model years.. So can you tell me if the 2011 year has the conventionally adjusted tappets (spanner and allen key)..
What year did the "cam head" style shim adjustment start?

Hopefully I shall become a BM owner again before too long and then I can be a "legitimate" contributor on here.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice you can give me.

S.

You don't say whether you want to buy privately or from a dealer. A private buy from a fellow tosser on this site could be a good way back into GS ownership. You've probably had a look at the for sale bikes on here and they're not moving on very quickly and some not moving at all. It's definitely a buyer's market and asking prices are usually fairly optimistic. Don't rush in to a purchase and haggle hard and I reckon you could bag a real bargain. Why not post a wanted ad and see what else might come up. Looking at a Twin Cam (2010 onwards) is a good starting point.

Good luck and enjoy the search.

Back
Top Bottom