Another KTM dealer bailing.

he probably means, in comparison to Bmw where you can extend the warranty once its expired, even cmc offer a lifetime warranty on there used bikes.

The latest batch of bikes are fully loaded with electronic suspension, tft screen, etc, etc and I'm loathed to keep a bike with this tech outside warranty, i think not being able to extend the warranty after 2 yrs with ktm loses confidence in the brand especially when your paying near on £20k for a bike and after 2 year your on your own jack,,, even my Honda has 3 year warranty !

Totally agree. If and when I do end up with KTM, I doubt I’ll be keeping it past two year mark. Fair play it might be low tech 1090, 1290 loaded with tech, no thanks. Three year warranty on BMW and extendable beyond that too, makes it very attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say, my 1190 is out of warranty and it doesn't bother me one jot.

At least I don't have to agonise over whether to renew it every year like I did with my BMWs (I did, and it was never needed).

Have to say, my 1190 is out of warranty and it doesn't bother me one jot.

At least I don't have to agonise over whether to renew it every year like I did with my BMWs (I did, and it was never needed).

Until you get one that goes bang................very early in it's life

https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/general-discussion/1345603-warranty-claim-ktm-3.html#post5667473

BMW certainly do the warranty thing, far better

One lads bike went kaboom, on that thread and they loaned him a bike whilst his was being repaired and the dealer charged him for the loan bike:eek::rolleyes:

If it goes wrong early in it's life it's in warranty.

If it goes wrong later in life, being a KTM it's not worth a cracker and you throw it away :D

If it goes wrong early in it's life it's in warranty. Rebuild though, not a new engine

If it goes wrong later in life, being a KTM it's not worth a cracker and you throw it away :D

Indeed, but he's wanting a new bike or engine

If it was a Beemer, that would be done

He's not going to get it. KTM don't supply complete engines AFAIK.

If they treat all the dealers the same I think more will go the same way.

A few years ago a good friend of mine had two KTM dealerships, my son had a saturday job working in one of them.

He fecked KTM off as they wanted to run his business.

Totally agree. If and when I do end up with KTM, I doubt I’ll be keeping it past two year mark. Fair play it might be low tech 1090, 1290 loaded with tech, no thanks. Three year warranty on BMW and extendable beyond that too, makes it very attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warranty Direct* seem to get good reviews, and they’ll cover the 1290 ;)

* there are other companies that will offer extended warranties too

Crescent is my dealer, and I was intending to go in next week (post NEC visit) to put a deposit on a 790 ADV.

Not sure what to do now - go back to BMW, slide across to Triumph, or travel further to find another KTM Dealer :confused: :(

I'm near Southampton, so Crescent wasn't too bad, but Premier are at least an hour away - I think a few people on here rate them, right?

There's always Trevor Pope in Gosport.
Probably better go to Premier then.......

Yep - I had a bad experience with TP's many years ago, so it's Premier or another brand for me.

Yep - I had a bad experience with TP's many years ago, so it's Premier or another brand for me.

Why change bike over a dealer issue - just change dealer!

I love my 1190 and hope to love the 1290 just as much, tried the last GS and hated it, really do not fancy a Ducati so right now the KTM fits the bill perfectly, if my dealer vanished I would just go and find another - only a real consideration if I like tow bikes pretty much equally.

Dorset had two KTM dealers not so long ago, soon to be none, fairly careless if you ask me. Crescent have always been easy to deal with from a punters view and they have three branches, although I think only Verwood sold KTM.

I can only imagine that Crescent were not selling enough and will go with something more profitable for them.

It’s a shame as they are not too far for me and I don’t think the current offering is good enough to travel to Didcot, Hemel or Tewkesbury when I need my bike servicing 2/3 times a year.

Premier Bikes are no longer in Didcot. They're up the road away in Wootton near Abingdon ;)

In the old Oxford Harley dealers premises.

Cornerhouse Garage
Wootton
Abingdon
Oxon
OX13 6BS

Telephone: 01235 519 195

:aidan

It’s a shame as they are not too far for me and I don’t think the current offering is good enough to travel to Didcot, Hemel or Tewkesbury when I need my bike servicing 2/3 times a year.

Wow, are you really clocking up 18,000 - 27,000 miles a year!

KTM should be paying you for testing their bikes so thoroughly.

Wow, are you really clocking up 18,000 - 27,000 miles a year!

KTM should be paying you for testing their bikes so thoroughly.

No I’m getting my GSA serviced and doing over 12000 this year, bike was serviced in about March and again in September

Back
Top Bottom