Aluminium Fabrication Assistance Required

Madmountainman

Reaction score
I'd like to ask if anyone is able to recommend a fabricator that understands aluminium and can weld. I'm currently creating a little project camper and would like to have a box section aluminium or steel framework made, which will be clad in aluminium sheet. The box section frame needs to be a box frame approximately 600mm H x 1650mm W x 1650mm L. I then require another box frame to be cantilevered off the first framework and this will be approximately 300mm H x 1650mm W x 1500mm L. This lot will then be clad in aluminium, but needs watertight joints. There will be a lifting roof mechanism and a lockable door required as well. I have a bunch of photo's I can send my prospective fabricators and expect a CAD will also need doing in order to get this project completed.
If anyone can recommend someone that could help produce what i'm after, please let me know?

He made the pillion seat box out of ali.

Yeah Mistacat and Vern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can 2D design it with a free download of DraftSite. This is full professional Autocad.
Once you have a design you can go to any sheet metal company for the cutting and bending.
Aluminium box section with aluminium sheet is best but you can use box steel for heavy load bearing areas.
With the alloy sheet do as many bends as possible, adds strength and water tight + saves on welding.
Use Tec7 on any joints, it is the best stuff on the market.

Back
Top Bottom