3/4 moths trip (eastern europe + middle east)

Ulfhethnar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im total novice regarding to long distance travelling but now I think is the time to change it...

So before I give you any more details i would like to ask if something around 25000kilometers over around 100days (could probably be stretched to max 4months) is really stupid idea?

We will be starting up in Slovakia and thinking to go throught these countries: hungary, serbia, montenegro, albania, macedonia, greece, turkey, gergia, armenia, azerbaijan, iran, turkmenistan, uzbekistan, tajikistan, kyrgyzstan, kazachstan, mongolia to Irkutks (russia).
from there train to moscov and from moscov back to slovakia.

well we just starting to planning up so its just idea at the moment. so it will all depends on visa etc.
Because its all new to us we dont have idea how does it work.

so any tips and help will be much appreciated.

thanks a lot

Thought the life cycle of a moth was about 4 weeks..........:D

just for your information, english is not my mother language so im sorry that i missed one letter!

But you are probably some kind of slow learner or something because who wanted to understand it did understand it!!!

feel sorry for you!!!

just for your information, english is not my mother language so im sorry that i missed one letter!

But you are probably some kind of slow learner or something because who wanted to understand it did understand it!!!

feel sorry for you!!!

Humour also.........:p

If I were you, I’d make an enquiry via the Horizons Unlimited website and forum. You won’t find Smoggob there.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com

If you pay £12 you will be able to contact (private message / PM) two reasonably active members of UKGSer who have at least ridden decent sized chunks of what you are thinking of doing. The two are:

Micky and Tim Olgra.

I have made the train journey from Irkutsk (Lake Baical) to Moscow, but going the other way as we started in Moscow. A great experience, the Trans-Siberian Express. My only regret is that when we went (1986) Vladivostok was still a closed city, that westerners could not visit. So we had to get off the train one day short of the Pacific at Khabarovsk.

If I were you, I’d make an enquiry via the Horizons Unlimited website and forum. You won’t find Smoggob there.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com

If you pay £12 you will be able to contact (private message / PM) two reasonably active members of UKGSer who have at least ridden decent sized chunks of what you are thinking of doing. The two are:

Micky and Tim Olgra.

I have made the train journey from Irkutsk (Lake Baical) to Moscow, but going the other way as we started in Moscow. A great experience, the Trans-Siberian Express. My only regret is that when we went (1986) Vladivostok was still a closed city, that westerners could not visit. So we had to get off the train one day short of the Pacific at Khabarovsk.

Downside he will find a cnut like you.

As to whether it’s a silly idea?

25,000 kms over 100 days - a daily average of 250 kms per day, every day, if you don’t stop for a day.

Have a look at some of the better travel motorcycle blogs, particularly around the places you want to go. That’ll give you a better idea as to what you think you’ll be capable of or (more importantly) enjoy.

Monkeyboy is another source of info. Better to scale down the mileage and up the number of days. There will be days when the mileage will be easily achievable, other days you will struggle to make a 100.

As for smoggob, I don't think he has taken a bike outside of the EU :p

Are you looking at sticking to roads or are you going off road, I did 3 month away starting in the UK and made it to Tynda in siberia

Back
Top Bottom