The Dent Event - The Ride Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ride outs are suitable for pilot road 5’s? I’m pontificating about giving micky a bottle of black bush for the raffle.

Which ride outs are suitable for pilot road 5’s? I’m pontificating about giving micky a bottle of black bush for the raffle.

I'll be putting a thread up about raffle prizes soon Owen ... will welcome your bottle of Black Bush for the raffle :thumby:

:beerjug:

For fuxxake dont speak of Black Bush or we'll get another two pager calling us racists from SB.......

I've got a large home made Dundee cake from Sue for a raffle prize ...

... laced with the best parts of a bottle of Jamesons :D

Maybe I’ll bring a bottle of paddy instead!

So, ride outs, I’m not slow and I’m not fast but I like pace and happy with a green strip down the middle of a back road. I’ll be on road tyres. Which ride would be most suitable? Thanks.,

Maybe I’ll bring a bottle of paddy instead!

So, ride outs, I’m not slow and I’m not fast but I like pace and happy with a green strip down the middle of a back road. I’ll be on road tyres. Which ride would be most suitable? Thanks.,

Any of the road rides. With your experience on Irish 'dual carriageways' you's probably be okay on Johnny Boxers off road ride but he'll advise. I'll get round to sorting out lists for the rides in a week or so.

The ride outs

We have four potential ride outs it would appear. JB has already gone unilateral and set up his off road GS thread so I'll follow his example and set up threads for each ride out.

The ride outs are:

Johnny Boxer - offroad GS
Paul Nicholls - on and off road? Far and wide.
Steve 'wrinkly owlie' - 21 dales
Myself and/or Magnet - some other dales.

So sign up on the thread for each ride out. If you're not sure no problem, you can sort it later.

Times and meeting points

In a probably fruitless attempt to provide a degree of organisation to Saturday morning the schedule we’ve agreed is:

Steve’s 21 Dales - 9.30
Paul’s Lakes trip - 9.45
Harry’s Northern Dales - 10
JB’S Off Road ramble - also 10.

The first three will meet at the main campsite entrance where the shower block is. JB’s off-road team at the far end of the site because they’ll all be real adventure riders and capable of riding the full length of the access road.

Paul will put a sign on his windscreen.I’ll put my helmet on the bike with my name on the visor. :thumb

CANCELLED.

Sorry for the short notice but I have decided that the traffic in the Lakes will just be too much of an issue for it to be enjoyable.
Really sorry if you were looking forward to it but I think it will be just too busy to be fun.
I am however offering another ride in it's place.
Please see my new ride thread.
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom