The Dent Event - The Ride Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry the cat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Magnet and I have been 'recruited' to organise the ride outs. At this ridiculously early point in proceedings all we're looking for is the names of people who are intending to offer their services as ride leaders please. Anything else can wait until nearer the time when it makes sense.

So volunteer ride leaders give us a heads up if you would;)

FAQ"s:

1. Who are the ride leaders? Watch this space.
2. Where are they going? No idea.
3. On road or off road? No fecking idea.
4. How many miles? Some.
5. Will it be hard? Well hard.
6. Is my tank big enough? If your wallet is your tank is. They sell petrol oop North:D

Good one Fran and Tony .... thank you for volunteering :thumby:

:beerjug:

1. Who are the ride leaders? Watch this space
2. Where are they going? No idea.
3. On road or off road? No fecking idea.
4. How many miles? Some.
5. Will it be hard? Well hard.
6. Is my tank big enough? If your wallet is your tank is. They sell petrol oop North

Having offered a ride for all previous Dents, all things being well I will do it again next year.
As usual it will not be a tea room ride. We will be exploring far and wide, may even be some off road.
Could even visit another country. More nearer the time.

So far then we have:

Paul Nicholls - road and beyond.
Geoff Barnett - legal off road.
Steve 'wrinkly owlie' - 21 dales.
Myself/Magnet if required - strictly road, north into the dales and/or around the area.

Steve do we need to compare tea stops?

There were rumours of more volunteers but they haven't shown their faces yet. Anyone want to step forward before I park this until nearer the event?

New x moto owner

Hi all Im buying an x moto tomorrow so deflinatlly up for ride. Just need to figure out how I can get tent and gear on.

Last year's off road run was fantastic. I. Don't think I'll take my new shiny lc on it this year tho.

Sadly I cannot lead the offroad ride in May 17th-19th.
I have learned lately that I am out of the country on the relevant dates.
I advise to contact the local TRF group and they may well have a person who is willing to guide.
Big GSs can get up Dodds Fell, but only if you have balls of steel like Python and his fellow Scottish pal.

Sadly I cannot lead the offroad ride in May 17th-19th.
I have learned lately that I am out of the country on the relevant dates.
I advise to contact the local TRF group and they may well have a person who is willing to guide.
Big GSs can get up Dodds Fell, but only if you have balls of steel like Python and his fellow Scottish pal.

Okay Geoff. Thanks for letting us know. Any off road riding gods want to step into Geoff’s shoes?

Brut33 and I are considering organising a walk out. It will start late Saturday morning leaving either the George and Dragon or the campsite depending on numbers.
We will then travel to the Sun Inn for early doors, then onto the G+D, back to the Sun, then on to the camp site to see what can be scrounged or stolen drink wise, if the weather is wet then those only with suitable off road footwear should commit to this stage. After a brief respite the route will be back to the Sun Inn, hopefully a short but not difficult off road section into the beer garden at the rear. After a lengthy refuel stop we shall continue to retrace the route to the G+D. Lunch can be taken at either venue with ample time for the greedy and needy to stuff themselves. It is hoped to eventually return to the campsite later in the afternoon/early evening.

:D

Okay Geoff.

Thanks for letting us know.

Any off road riding gods want to step into Geoff’s shoes?

I know every legal unsurfaced off-road route in the Western Dales, but I am no off-road expert on a GS

Happy to lead a GS suitable route on the Sat only ........IF there is enough interest

There are a good number of stony hard surfaced high level routes than can be tackled on most GS with suitable dual purpose tyres

I won't be using my GS though - but would lead on my XR 400R at a reduced and suitable pace

Brut33 and I are considering organising a walk out. It will start late Saturday morning leaving either the George and Dragon or the campsite depending on numbers.
We will then travel to the Sun Inn for early doors, then onto the G+D, back to the Sun, then on to the camp site to see what can be scrounged or stolen drink wise, if the weather is wet then those only with suitable off road footwear should commit to this stage. After a brief respite the route will be back to the Sun Inn, hopefully a short but not difficult off road section into the beer garden at the rear. After a lengthy refuel stop we shall continue to retrace the route to the G+D. Lunch can be taken at either venue with ample time for the greedy and needy to stuff themselves. It is hoped to eventually return to the campsite later in the afternoon/early evening.

Put me on your list, please. I'll manage the early Saturday walk out myself if there's nothing officially organised and hope not to get lost!
The rest of the itinerary sounds fine (subject to weather and required walking gear) and we can "wing" dinner later on and then more drinks presumably.
Oh, and we can't miss Micky's raffle!

Think I was on that one last year. :D
:beerjug::beer::jager

You may be building too much journey time into the plan:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom