Anyone in Malllorca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Weird one this.

My dad is really sick in hospital in Mallorca. He has got a nasty bells palsey and guillemots barren syndrome. It’s all been very sudden.
I’ve heard it’s the best of the auto immune syndromes to have

He may go blind in one eye. Time will tell

Any chance someone in Mallorca would know where to buy a stuffed parrot? Pirate style?

I’m both joking and deadly serious

Humour is going to be very important going forward

I’m heading over there tomorrow. My sister has been there since Saturday.

Any help appreciated.

I’m pushthis to the pubif I don’t get any replies.

I’m happy to pay super express super expensive courier fees if someone has something that might work.

Thanks,

Owen.

Yeah I’m all sorted for a Christmas pressie!

Just hoping there is a shop that might flern something on Sunday or Monday?!

He has got a nasty bells palsey and guillemots barren syndrome. It’s all been very sudden.
I’ve heard it’s the best of the auto immune syndromes to have

I'm sure you know it's Guillain-Barré syndrome. If they catch it early enough, the prognosis can be quite good. I know this because earlier this year, had a guest staying in our Airbnb granny-flat who contracted it. One week in hospital on a drip when they initially said it would take him two weeks and he was back out and recovering.

Best of luck to your dad. :thumb2

Thanks. It’s a week in now. His eye was such eyed earlier. Not fussed about the parrot to be honest. Found a nice Disney thing for Christmas.

Sorry about misspelling the syndrome but a bit fed up and couldn’t be bothered spell checking.

Anyway, on a flight in the morning. Just s bit sad seeing my dad grow that little bit older.

Things are not great here.

We Irish. We have the best health service in the world. If you can get in.

Looking at at a repatriation situation.

Things are better.

Helping my dad put on his slippers.

Helping him in the shower. I expect I’m gonna lose my self and cry like a little boy at some point.

I’ll take it.

It’s kinda nice though. Growing close and being there for someone I’ve fought against for my earlier life. Sad and happy. Guess I’m no spring chicken myself.

Things are better.

Helping my dad put on his slippers.

Helping him in the shower. I expect I’m gonna lose my self and cry like a little boy at some point.

I’ll take it.

It’s kinda nice though. Growing close and being there for someone I’ve fought against for my earlier life. Sad and happy. Guess I’m no spring chicken myself.

Well done Owen. This time spent with your dad is the stuff that you will remember in "later years". My dad has his appendix removed when he was 80 also in Marbella. I spent a week there driving the mammy up & back from the hospital several times a day. He's gone now and I feel very lucky to have helped him.

Things are not good lads and lassies.

My dad is in ICU.

The practice of nursing care here is not to irish or indeed Uk standards. My father had an enema a few days ago. No one checked on him. At all. Apparently the family look after stuff here . Fair enough but one would think they would tell the patient what to expect. I'll bring my mother in later in this....

It's a bad situation where we might lose him. He wants to be put in a coma or die. My dad is a fighter and has never shed a tear or shown any fear to anyone, ever. I may have caused him concern as a younger person. !!!!!!!

My mum is a nurse, retired. I think she terrifies the staff

We are in the hospital that the people of puerto vanoosse would go to so, it's the best of the best, well i have to belive that...the public system is intereesting here at best.

Trying to be the voice of reason here, everyone very jumpy and my poor dad, in desperate pain, with a syndrom with complications. Last we heard it was a blood infection then sepsis, then an infection of the arteries. Apparently sepsis is one of the things that kills people with GBS. What a fucking way to die.

If you want to check my spelling go for it. Question it and I will personally come find you and piss on your hub caps. :)

Fucking hell, trying to be an adult is a pain in the ass. And yet, my poor dad is in the hospitial, hasn't slept in two weeks, hasn't eaten in the same amount of time.

have a pint for me boys. I need it . :aidan

He has stabilized.

We are hoping to repatriate this weekend.

I have to decided to have the chat with my dad tomorrow. Providing he is fit and does not relapse. Relapsing is part of this fucked up, evil, insidious, dirty bastard of a condition.

I need to let him know I’m proud of him and love him etc. really has been a rollercoaster. Maybe I’m just joining the club. Trust me this does not come naturally.

P.s. I’m buying that pirate Disney parrot

FYI air ambulances are complicated to arrange. Don’t plan on getting one in a hurry is all I’ll say!

Jesus Owen, I'm only reading this now.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent from a U11

Only seeing this now as well- best of luck with getting yer Dad home. Glad to hear he's stabilized. Thinking of you and yours...

Thanks lads. I had to come home on sunday for work. My sister did too. It was added pressure having us not working for my poor mother who described my dad as having admitted he is now severely disabled. :green gri

Anyway, hoping that we get him to beaumont on wednesday or thursday but it depends on bed availability. Meanwhile a pretty boy doctor who has not been much help, has said he should be taking a ryan air. I gave up violence years ago but it's in me and some of these dudes really get my steam pressurised. Mind you, my mother is a force of nature. Think Irish mammy in a super hero movie:cool:

All this from a feck'n flu jab.

Can I also add, and yes this is a whinge but my girlfriend, is in limerick with a bad neck injury. With her parents. Now, best place for her but I got home yesterday and really all i wanted was to be with her and yet it'll be feck'n saturday or sunday before i see her. Sometimes life is a right pain in the hoop!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom