Daytona Boot Repairs

Excellent, thanks. :thumb2
I’ll be digging them out of my storage unit shortly when I empty it and get them sent. :thumb2

Useful info this, thanks.
I have a pair of Travel Star GTX's which I've been delighted with. They're only 4 years old or so and I've always used Daytona Leather Polish to look after them but on a recent trip to Ireland they leaked badly during a day of incessant rain. I've no idea if anything can be done to resolve the issue but have e-mailed them at the address in this link to see what's what.

Useful info this, thanks.
I have a pair of Travel Star GTX's which I've been delighted with. They're only 4 years old or so and I've always used Daytona Leather Polish to look after them but on a recent trip to Ireland they leaked badly during a day of incessant rain. I've no idea if anything can be done to resolve the issue but have e-mailed them at the address in this link to see what's what.

They can remove the leaking goretex inner boot ‘sock’ and fit a new one. There isn’t much they can’t do to repair them, everything can be taken apart and sorted.

I’m still waiting for Parcelforce to deliver my boots which is where the excellent service ends. I got an SMS notifying me of my delivery slot whilst I was at work yesterday which I replied to saying to use option 1:hand parcel to a neighbour.
Lazy driver just red carded it as redelivery next working day even though my neighbour is a widow who is always home on weekday mornings and takes in my parcels.
I assume they don’t work Saturday as nothing delivered today.

Cheers. I got an e-mither yesterday advising that they're away until the middle of August but that was followed up this morning apologising for the issue and asking for photos.

They certainly do make incredible boots and back them up with 1st class after sales service. I’ve had a pair of Daytona Spirit XCR boots for about 8 years and just replaced them with a new pair of Road Stars. Nothing wrong with the Spirits, just fancied a new pair :okay

I contacted Daytona regarding resoling and replacing gearchange pads and possibly the liners on one of my pairs of Roadstars. The existing soles are well worn, one is coming away and is far from waterproof. They asked for pics which I sent. They replied saying they were 20+yrs old and ’probably’ too old to repair??? I sent them anyway saying I wanted them doing, I only had £14 to lose afterall. I’ve now had a quote to replace the gearchange pads and soles, but they’ve again said too old to replace the liners. I’ve accepted their quote but had no further replies as yet.
I’m currently wearing my newer pair, the soles of which are more worn than the older pair. I’m planning on sending these back once the older pair are sorted.654D393E-F2D5-4AD8-86FA-31909BD90C27.jpegC9FF2772-68E7-4E79-AFD8-4D144AD2EEF3.jpeg
What I don’t understand is why a 20 yr old pair of exactly the same boot as my 10yr old pair wouldn’t be able to have the liner replaced. I feel like I’m being penalised for owning two pairs and making them lastmuch longer than if I only had one pair. I actually binned my very first pair, they needed zips as well as soles and gearchange pads, it was cheaper to buy the newer pair.

Last edited:
Well apparently my boots are done. So I guess I’ll be getting an invoice any day and they’ll be winging there way back to me.

Had the zips on my last set repaired very cheaply and very quickly at Timpsons at my local Sainaburys, they probably will do re soling too.
I tried to find someone to resole my first pair. All the high street shops couldn’t replicate the style of sole. One small local guy had them for a month, he thought he could find a suitable sole, but in the end even he gave up. Seems Daytona have been pretty clever designing a unique style of sole forcing us all to send them back to them. Although if all the feedback is true, it’s probably worth it. I’ll be finding out in a week or two hopefully.

Just paid for mine. £145, although I’m guessing there’ll be some duties to pay too?? With a bit of luck they’ll be waiting for me when we get home from the highlands next Monday

Just paid for mine. £145, although I’m guessing there’ll be some duties to pay too?? With a bit of luck they’ll be waiting for me when we get home from the highlands next Monday

I paid about £120 all in with post in 2019 to have my Daytona Rainbow resoled. They were around 20 years old. Last year the Goretex membrane started leaking on the right boot. Whilst they were away I saw FC Moto had the last Rainbows on sale for £155 so snapped up a new pair which I am now wearing in wet weather. The cost of a refurb of the short boots I wear is prohibitively expensive to go down the Trigger's Broom route. Although the old pair is comfier until the new ones relax a bit, so the old ones get worn for local trips.

Had an old pair of Daytona boots resoled by Altberg. They fitted their own soles which look good, possibly better than the originals. Might be worth considering!
I forget what it cost but it was good value.

Well apparently my boots are done. So I guess I’ll be getting an invoice any day and they’ll be winging there way back to me.
Slightly off comment, I found and have used a chap just outside of Reading for Sidi boot repairs. Tilehurst Cobbler - he maybe able to help with soles on your boots as seems quite creative and able to turn his hand to solve most problems. https://www.facebook.com/Kempothecobbler

It’s sometimes not so much the sole, as Daytona’s efforts to repair (or at least check) the state of the inner lining(s). A lot of third parties could probably bond a new sole on.

EDIT: RJ Smith beat me to it

If anyone down South needs boot/shoe or leather goods repairs in the UK (including sole replacement), I can also recommend "The Tilehurst Cobbler" AKA Richard Kemp who is based near Reading. Easy to find his details on facebook, he did a great repair to the broken zips on my old Spada ankle boots that I had worn to death plus new soles for a very good price.

I imagine a Goretex liner replacement would be expensive as it probably requires rebuilding the whole boot. I would consider buying a new pair.
I have a BMW branded boots (looks like Sidi) around 30 years old and at least 30 to 40 thousand miles holidays and commuting in all weathers. When the soles wore out I had a local back street cobbler fit Vibrams. It wasn't cheap but still better than buying a new pair. If they had been leaking then I wouldn't have bothered and bought a new pair.

tom

Shouldn’t be any duty to pay shirley? :nenau They aren’t new boots they’ve just been sent for repair.

Back
Top Bottom