Aosta valley routes

Simon W

Reaction score
Handy page of recommended routes in Aosta valley, from the tourist board

CLICK FOR LINK

Not set up to download as GPX, as far as I can see, but good clear directions and a PDF download option

Looks interesting. Thanks Simon. With the exception of the Grand and Petit St Bernard, all these routes are up dead end valleys, which are worth visiting. You could probably cover them all in two days but to do them quickly would not do them justice. If pushed then go into the Gran Paradiso. The quickest access from the north is from Chamonix via the Mt. Blanc tunnel to Courmayeur.

The site seems very slow to load, on an ipad and on a PC?

The PDF's don't give a map, seemingly only to repeat the blurb on the title page of each route?

The map buttons don't seem to result in a map of the route?

What am I failing to spot / click on?

PS I have found I can get a route map (of sorts) by clicking onto the blurry 'photo' of a route, in the scrolling pictures.

The site seems very slow to load, on an ipad and on a PC?

The PDF's don't give a map, seemingly only to repeat the blurb on the title page of each route?

The map buttons don't seem to result in a map of the route?

What am I failing to spot / click on?

PS I have found I can get a route map (of sorts) by clicking onto the blurry 'photo' of a route, in the scrolling pictures.

I have only found that if you click on the small map with a circle around the area where the route is, it enlarges it and you are able to make the route out a little better, that sounds like what you are doing Richard.

I have only found that if you click on the small map with a circle around the area where the route is, it enlarges it and you are able to make the route out a little better, that sounds like what you are doing Richard.

That’s what I found sort of worked. It’s a great idea by the local tourist board but a bit more time spent on the website would have made it all better.

Back
Top Bottom