Innovv K2 Issues

sherpatensing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been using an Innovv K2 for nearly 4 months without any issues. I don't view footage unless there has been crap driving around me but I wanted to view footage of someone jumping a red light and nearly taking me out. When I looked, the system had stopped recording two days earlier so no footage of the incident was available. I could not get a WiFi connection and there was various lights flashing on the DVR. After contacting Innovv, I carried out the various checks that they instructed me to do and finally found the problem to be a faulty front camera. There is no visible damage etc. to the camera, cable or plug and I am sending it back for them to assess.

I wondered if anyone else has had this or similar problems.

I will update this post, as and when I have further info from Innovv, whether it be an acceptable outcome or not

Please keep us informed.
I connect via WiFi after every ride and sample a recording then re format the mem card. This is because the sensitivity means it locks recordings and also after a long ride there are so many 3 minute clips it can be difficult to find the incident.

Not ideal as it's meant to be fit and forget.

I will check to see if it supports longer video clips to make the process easier. Innovv do have a very good track record of customer support with very few problems reported.

I also have not worked out how u can view the GPS journey

Keeping and eye on this as I have still to install the system.

What would be nice is some form of notice that the system is on, but not recording, so you can see or hear it is not doing what it is intended.

I have been running Roadhawk Ride+ for ages, and they were very reliable, but am now looking to get a K2

What would be nice is some form of notice that the system is on, but not recording, so you can see or hear it is not doing what it is intended.

I have been running Roadhawk Ride+ for ages, and they were very reliable, but am now looking to get a K2

All you have to do is connect via WIFI to the K2 via your smart phone and it takes 30 secs to check if still recording ok. I do this after every ride and bike clean.

Its an opportunity to delete any files it has saved.

Really pleased with mine. Quality is pretty good.

For capturing touring footage i also use my go pro hero 5 set at 1080p @ 60fps

After liaising with Steve at Innovv, I finally found the issue was a faulty front camera which has now been replaced FOC. Steve has been helpful in sorting out the problem and I just have to fit the new one back on the bike.
The only downside to this defective camera is that I have had to detach it from the bike and then refit the new one. It also cost me £3.95 in postage to return the faulty one and be without camera coverage for a month.
I’m not moaning, just informing fellow tossers of my experience.

My K2 is out of warranty - Rear camera has failed - innovv will not do a good will gesture of a free replacement despite being a known problem.
The rear camera let in water via the lense.

Given it cost £289 this is the 3rd problem I have had. I will purchase a replacement rear camera but will not buy any innovv product again.

I have the new K3 which come with a remote for taking still images if needed, it also indicates recording and Wi-Fi is working happy so far with it.

I had to have the rear camera replaced after about 8 months and of course a fair bit of that was in lockdown.

Replaced under warranty and fairly quickly so that's positive. Pain to have to take it off the bike then put the new one back in again though!

Interestingly I have been doing some investigation into the faulty rear camera. The glass lens where it meets the aluminum body has a rubber seal - this is where water is penetrating. The seal possibly due to differing temperatures has possibly made the rubber less pliable with the seal being slightly ineffective. White deposits were found on the pcb and inside the barrel where water had effectively made its way to the pcb.

This is a design fault and I suspect innovv are aware of this. Interestingly on the innovv forum other rear cameras have failed.

I would aim the angle of rear camera down a couple degrees which may reduce any water ingress.

Be under no doubt if used in the rain at some point they will fail. Replacements are £75 a pop

Back
Top Bottom