Choice of Air Vest technology ..

I believe that Point Two are still honouring the discount I negotiated a few years back for their air vest although last time I checked the price had increased to £275...

I have a Helite E-Turtle. Got it through blood bikes. Really like it. You have to put a lot of trust in the electrics though. At least with the old, leash activated, Helite it went off every so often when you forgot to unclip it.

I believe that Point Two are still honouring the discount I negotiated a few years back for their air vest although last time I checked the price had increased to £275...

..........had my Point two for nearly 7 years now - clearly works have not had an accident since buying it :D

I have a Helite E-Turtle. Got it through blood bikes. Really like it. You have to put a lot of trust in the electrics though. At least with the old, leash activated, Helite it went off every so often when you forgot to unclip it.

Did you get the gizmo that goes on the front forks to give the extra sensors? I am on my second Helite Turtle, when it comes around to the service point I just trade and upgrade, so possibly E-Turtle next. Also got mine through our Blood Bike group, Helite look after us very well.

Did you get the gizmo that goes on the front forks to give the extra sensors? I am on my second Helite Turtle, when it comes around to the service point I just trade and upgrade, so possibly E-Turtle next. Also got mine through our Blood Bike group, Helite look after us very well.

Same here. Always good to deal with. I had two gizmos. So I could move it depending on which blood bike I was riding. Very expensive but Helite looked after me very well. I don’t want to tempt fate but I have not heard of any problems with E-Turtles. Quality of everything is very high. I am not a hi-viz fan but have got used to it.

Helite Turtle for me, brought (with others) at the London show with a pretty good discount.

Went for the traditional ripcord model, to save faffing about charging the damned thing.

Can’t vouch for its efficacy as, thankfully, it’s not been called upon. But if it does no good, I’ll not be any worse off…. And if it does some good, I should be better off.

Helite Turtle for me as well, ripcord model. I’ve been wearing it for 3 years now and the connection/disconnection has become second nature. Luckily never had to test it but evidence from elsewhere suggests it will help in an accident. From a comfort point of view I never notice I’m wearing it, I can still have all the vents on my jacket open when needed and air flows through very well.

Same for me Helite E-Turtle with the gizmo on the front fork, ... forget you've got it on, .. only downside is making sure it's charged up. .... must be getting old, now I've got to charge my vest and my helmet before I go out , ... very different from being a reckless teen :D

Back
Top Bottom