MT07 Must Have Add Ons?

bisbee

VIGILUM
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just popped into Chris Walker's ( Kawasaki dealership ) for a coffee and ended up buying an MT07 :cool:
What should I fit it with?
Screen maybe or shocks you get the idea?

:beerjug:

Screen , hand guards and heated grips on mine.
2018 facelift model has better suspension as standard compared to old model.
Exhaust is too quiet , so plans for an akro on mine.

Heated grips & Tutoro oiler if you will do high miles

Ergonomics: ride it until the 1st service and then decide. Unlikely, but might be perfect for you.

Suspension: again ride it. I had one on loan over a weekend and thought it was pretty good out of the box for the roads I was on. Make sure the dealer has everything at default settings to begin with.

Luggage: unless they have modified them, Yamaha's semi rigid panniers also used on the Tracer are rubbish. Wonky zips and leaky. Use Kriega for soft luggage or Givi/Kappa for hard cases

According to my niece who rides her MT07 all year round a screen, an Akro system , a front fender extender and rear hugger ...............although possibly the pink farkles are not really essential

Radiator guard, screen, Bagster tank cover, panniers with pannier rails.

Also have R&G tail tidy on mine but that is purely aesthetic.

Radiator guard, screen, Bagster tank cover, panniers with pannier rails.

Also have R&G tail tidy on mine but that is purely aesthetic.

Givi Tanklock is better than Bagster. Latter is costly and hides all that nice paint you pay for!

Givi Tanklock is better than Bagster. Latter is costly and hides all that nice paint you pay for!

Horses for courses and all that.
I have a Baglux tank bag and another tank bag that fit said Bagster cover.
Works well for me.

And protects the nice paint as well.

And PS ...

I've just had a look at this Givi Tanklock as I was not aware of it before I bought my Bagster.
Looks good and probably cheaper than Bagster.
So thank you wessie, I won't change now but starting from scratch Givi Tanklock probably a better choice.

If you want a tankbag I wouldn’t buy either a Givi or a Bagster because neither of them are properly waterproof and who wants to mess about fitting a rain cover when it starts raining? Just buy an Enduristan Sandstorm in the size that suits you best and be safe in the knowledge that it’s not going to leak even if you leave it out on the bike overnight in pouring rain.

I’ve used mine on a Multistrada, a KTM 1190, a KTM 1290 and an 1150 GS in all sorts of weather and quite happily keep phone, tablet, cigarettes, documents and any other shite you might put in a tankbag without them ever getting even slightly damp.

http://www.enduristan.com/en/products/sandstorm-tankbags.html

What’s the MT07 like for the larger rider. 5’11. 120kg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decat , don’t bother spending extra on an akra, not worth it, also remap helps a lot
You don’t necessarily need the Dino either for it to be better

Decat , don’t bother spending extra on an akra, not worth it, also remap helps a lot
You don’t necessarily need the Dino either for it to be better

By that do you mean they run lean from standard?

Pray what screen will a Tracer one fit?

Doubt a Tracer screen will fit but don't actually know.
I've got a Puig screen for an MT-07 2014 and mine is the short screen.
May change this for something a little bigger as believe that will be an improvement for touring. Probably.

By that do you mean they run lean from standard?

I believe they do , there’s also a lot of other little things you can do with a flash Additional to Better fueling ..
If you look on utube you will get the jist.

Tail tidys are great until it rains :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom