Full exhaust power gains

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the general concensus on power gains with a full exhaust and remap on a Gen2 SuperTen ??

Has anyone done it..........and was it a noticable increase in oooomph

I have an MT07 but bear with me It is fitted with a full Mivv system with no cat etc It makes 1.8 HP more on the 689cc motor according to the dyno It may make more power if the breathing is improved by upgrading the air filter according to the technician which makes sense to me at least Ultimately it's quite a chunk of money for marginal gains although it sounds better imho

:beerjug:

I have 2015 S10 fitted Akropovic can made no difference at all in any of the ranges but sounds nice.
Fitted a BOOSTER PLUG gave better response in touring mode and made a small improvement to snatchy throttle in sport mode.
So...for the small price (£130) compared the hundreds you would spend on remap and exhaust system for small BHP gain the BoosterPlug in my opinion is a good option.
Or buy a more powerful bike;)

I have 2015 S10 fitted Akropovic can made no difference at all in any of the ranges but sounds nice.
Fitted a BOOSTER PLUG gave better response in touring mode and made a small improvement to snatchy throttle in sport mode.
So...for the small price (£130) compared the hundreds you would spend on remap and exhaust system for small BHP gain the BoosterPlug in my opinion is a good option.
Or buy a more powerful bike;)

I have a 2007 R1200GSA........so the S10 will be my my powerful bike. I just read somewhere that there is some power lurking in there from the 2014 update that Yamaha couldn't/wouldn't let loose because of emissions.
If I get one, it will be getting an exhaust, all my bikes do......it's a looks/sound thing........the extra grunt would be a bonus.

Hi.
I got S10 gen2 2015.
Remaped in Hilltop ,Arrow header,factory can ond K&N air filter.
Highly recomended.
Cheers
Bernard

I would say the BHP increase is minimal , the weight saving and noise enhancement however is a different story if that's what you are looking for.

Really can’t understand folk who spend getting on for a grand on an exhaust that gives negligible power gains but sounds a bit nicer. For that cash you could properly sort the suspension and make a real difference.

Really can’t understand folk who spend getting on for a grand on an exhaust that gives negligible power gains but sounds a bit nicer. For that cash you could properly sort the suspension and make a real difference.

Suspension will get sorted as well. I reckon I'm fairly easy to understand.

Unlike the Bosch ECU in modern BMW flat twins, the ST ECU is properly remappable, so there’s no need to resort to Hilltop’s ineffective nonsense. I was daft enough to get my ST Hilltopped and it made no difference whatsoever, so I got my money back. I then took it to Track Electronics in Norwich and the improvement was night and day. There are many other tuners like CJS (Bristol) and BSD (Peterborough) who get great results with the ST. Anyone with the FTECU software can remap it and you can do it yourself with one of their kits from Velox Racing in Jersey.

Power gains will only be 2-3 bhp peak, but throttle response can be improved to a significant degree. BSD reckon that Arrow headers with the standard silencer gives the potential for the best power increase, but even this is minimal in reality. A loud silencer just produces more noise, just like it does on any bike.

There is a lad over here (Ireland)
mototune.ie

It also helps that he is an ex Yamaha main dealer mechanic/technician

Sent from a U11

Left out a part of that....

mototune.ie remaps motorcycles.

Sent from a U11

Hi.
I got S10 gen2 2015.
Remaped in Hilltop ,Arrow header,factory can ond K&N air filter.
Highly recomended.
Cheers
Bernard

Hi Bernard,
I would be really interested in seeing your dyno printout (if you have one)
You can PM it to me if you want.......to avoid the usual Hilltop bashing!!

Cheers,
Keith.

Unlike the Bosch ECU in modern BMW flat twins, the ST ECU is properly remappable, so there’s no need to resort to Hilltop’s ineffective nonsense. I was daft enough to get my ST Hilltopped and it made no difference whatsoever, so I got my money back. I then took it to Track Electronics in Norwich and the improvement was night and day. There are many other tuners like CJS (Bristol) and BSD (Peterborough) who get great results with the ST. Anyone with the FTECU software can remap it and you can do it yourself with one of their kits from Velox Racing in Jersey.

Power gains will only be 2-3 bhp peak, but throttle response can be improved to a significant degree. BSD reckon that Arrow headers with the standard silencer gives the potential for the best power increase, but even this is minimal in reality. A loud silencer just produces more noise, just like it does on any bike.

Would love to see a dyno printout (if you have one)
It's the torque curve I am interested in. I have been on twins for nearly 20 years now and you rarely ride them where the peak power figure is.............you ride them on the torque.

I used Gary a few years back on my 2014 ES. As someone else said difference was day and night. Gary gave me a bike that was so much more controllable, by me, on the way home. I've just bought a 2015 and may let wiz have my ECU. Though I live in NORTHERN Ireland I would need to use a trusted postal service.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

there are gains using a full system, no doubt about it. The arrow headers alone have around 3+ bhp if not more alone.

Gary in Mototuning has done 2 of my Super Tens and also my 1098s ducati, the difference is night / day. The software he uses is proper, expensive and he has been trained with it and is methodical.

call him https://mototuning.ie/

Back
Top Bottom