Tracker

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking to buy a cheap magnetic tracker for my bike. No subscription but one that you can track via mobile phone app. Its not so much for security but more just to track my bike. Any tips?

That looks quite good and not just limited to a bike, could easily be fitted in a panel gap in a car as long as you didn’t shield it with the bodywork

Steve

thanks. do you need to have a SIM card to make them work? Reading above seems this is the case. As I live outside the UK will this make a difference?
I was looking at this sort of thing but it was kind of expensive.
https://www.trackershop-uk.com/products/magnetic-gps-trackers/enforcer-4-car-tracker/
...and actually I wanted something that actually you could track real time on a mobile phone app rather than just in case of theft....

thanks. do you need to have a SIM card to make them work? Reading above seems this is the case. As I live outside the UK will this make a difference?
I was looking at this sort of thing but it was kind of expensive.
https://www.trackershop-uk.com/products/magnetic-gps-trackers/enforcer-4-car-tracker/
...and actually I wanted something that actually you could track real time on a mobile phone app rather than just in case of theft....

In all honesty simcards are all charging EU data rates but as the UK are out on the 29th, mybe better to just get a local data simcard.

Cheap trackers for motorbikes and cars are cheap for a reason.

Buy a decent one, with a well organised back-up support subscription system, if you are in anyway serious about trying to maybe have any chance of recovering the vehicle.

Or don’t, it’s up to you.

If the vehicle is never stolen, you’ll never know what difference it might have made to then (possibly) finding it again... so don’t forget the pound of butter, whatever else you do.

I have one of these and it works a treat. I put a free GiffGaff card in it with £10 on over 2 years ago and still not topped it up. My phone uses GiffGaff and texts to othe GiffGaff SIMs are free.

Mine didn't come from China. A guy in the UK was selling them. You arm & disarm via a text message. If someone moves my bike I get a text telling me so with a Google Maps location. Same if the power is disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom