Xt1200z owner back to what I know

Collected mine yesterday, last standard Z model. Chorley have 2 ZEs and thats it, all gone....
Farkles going on last night and this morning, nothing too much, I’m not into making it look like its going round the world. Loving the baglux to give the dull tank some colour to match the wheels. Big ride tomorrow to get it as close to first service miles as poss as that’s booked for Wednesday morning and then I’m off to the highlands Thursday for 4 nights!!

Attachments

• 057C9E10-D16A-4CDB-9E9F-6FC93758FF39.jpg
    057C9E10-D16A-4CDB-9E9F-6FC93758FF39.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 232
That’s good to hear! Did you post your ECU or ride-in-ride-out?
I took my bike to WIZ and he removed the ecu and reflashed it whilst I waited, top fella and makes a nice brew too.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Collected mine yesterday, last standard Z model. Chorley have 2 ZEs and thats it, all gone....
Farkles going on last night and this morning, nothing too much, I’m not into making it look like its going round the world. Loving the baglux to give the dull tank some colour to match the wheels. Big ride tomorrow to get it as close to first service miles as poss as that’s booked for Wednesday morning and then I’m off to the highlands Thursday for 4 nights!!

Baglux sets it off a treat ��
Enjoy your trip.

All loaded and ready for the off in the morning. 600mile service done this morning, omg stealers know how to charge.....Touratech seat also acquired and oh my, night n day better than std. So far my only niggle is the gear indicator only shows the gear while moving....so I’m getting caught in the wrong gear occasionally at lights.Not use to 6 gears:blast:D Other than that I’m absolutely loving it.

Attachments

• 98A0B57E-4E9D-46ED-8038-58307FC44105.jpg
    98A0B57E-4E9D-46ED-8038-58307FC44105.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 319
I think you will find that the gear indicator will not show because you have the clutch pulled in. I always select neutral at standstill and it always shows N

I've a toolbox which fits on the opposite side to the exhaust. If you've got standard panniers attaches onto pillion grabrail, I've also a denali light bar frame for spots.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just over six weeks since buying it....

Loving it on the whole. Seats still an issue. Touratech is better, with thinner buffers added, but still not right for long rides. Not sure what to try next.
And the OE bridgestones are shocking in the wet from cold, and take forever to warm up. They’re fine if already warm and it turns wet, but twice now the bikes stood outside overnight and next day the front slides at the slightest turn until its done a good twenty mile or so. Gonna try a part worn Michelin Adventure I’ve just aquired, on the front, just till the rear Bridgestones worn out. Will then decide between a new set of adventures or my usual trailattacks.

Still on the lookout for a set of std givi pannier frames. Oh and the wife would like proper pillion grab handles if anyones got any lieing about:nenau

Attachments

• F91831BF-1318-461C-8344-15CCC4CCD9CC.jpg
    F91831BF-1318-461C-8344-15CCC4CCD9CC.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 234
Loving it on the whole. Seats still an issue. Touratech is better, with thinner buffers added, but still not right for long rides. Not sure what to try next.

The standard seat is not good that's for sure. I use a Alaska Butt Pad Sheepskin which is a huge improvement.

Regarding tyres look at the Avon Trailrider I had them after 3000 miles on the OEM Bridgestone which were awful. The Avon transformed the bike I could even cross white lines and over-banding in the direction I wanted to go. Also good for 6-7K normal riding and not stupid prices.

how do you rate the s10? i am coming off a 2019 honda africa twin, seriously tempted by the s10 of gs 1200te.

I currently have an xt1200z and an Africa twin 2017.
Between the 2 bikes the S10 is my favourite.
It has more torque since it was flashed and is like a pair of comfy old shoes, after 3 years of ownership I'll never part with it.
I got the Africa twin 3 weeks ago, it's a dct..... Bought it as I had an itch I had to scratch lol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Regarding tyres look at the Avon Trailrider I had them after 3000 miles on the OEM Bridgestone which were awful.
I’m done with Avon. Had far too many faulty tyres from them in recent years after using them for most of the naughties on my blackbird. My last try on my Pan was only because Gary the rep assured me they’d solved their quality control issues, yet the front turned out to be oval and the rear caused instability which disappeared the day it was swapped for a Pirelli. They also always seem to need loads of weights to balance up. I was riding with a guy last weekend on them, his had two good rows of lead on each wheel, so nothings changed there either. ‘Great tyres made badly’

how do you rate the s10? i am coming off a 2019 honda africa twin, seriously tempted by the s10 of gs 1200te.
I’m loving mine so far, really reminds me of my old 1150’s. Not sure the two models compare, S10 is old school, basic, reliable, TE well I’ve never had or even tried one. But for me theres too much tech, too much to go wrong, too reliant on stealers. A mate describes it as deciding whether you want to be on first name terms with your mechanic or not:cool::D

First off, find a nice S10 for sale,next, get a test ride and then get your wallet out, you won’t be sorry! :beerjug:

there is a 2020 one for sale, 389miles, £11900 with full luggage, seriously tempted

Don't be too swayed by the luggage its one of the poor points. Far better aftermarket stuff available and cheaper. If you can get a ZE its worth the extra.

Back
Top Bottom