Mark And Adam European Bike Trip October 2018

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not really a vlog in the true sense (per my understanding of what a vlog is), but a bit of a record of our trip....

DAY 1...

Did you ship one-way with Overlanders and ferry home??

Sent from a U11

Did you ship one-way with Overlanders and ferry home??

Sent from a U11

Yep. The lads transported the bikes to Malaga where we had them stored with a local car hire place. We flew Aer Lingus on a Friday evening a few weeks later and stayed in a hotel near the airport. Collected the bikes on the Saturday morning and hit the road. Ferry Cherbourg to Dublin 18 days later.

MA50 Actual.jpg

Looks great.

18 days would be fairly long for me........I start getting home sick after a feckin week!

Sent from a U11

It did feel like a long trip. Probably couldn't escape from real life for that length every year.

I did get a bit cranky toward the end. Ad never said anything, but I knew it myself. It wasn't homesickness though - I've lived alone for a few years and frankly like it. To be couped up every night in a room with someone else - although we're bffs for over 35 years - kinda got to me. Only realised after we got home that that could have been a factor.

We were a bit disappointed with France too so that probably also came into it. Had we done the trip in the opposite direction it'd have been very different - southern Spain & Portugal were fantastic.

Knowing what I know now, I'd do the same trip again at the drop of a hat, but instead of heading north out of the Pyrenees, I'd have Overlanders collect the bikes from Bilbao and fly home from there. I'd also HTFU and stick with the TET for more than we did - we bailed out too easily.

Anyway, 15 more days to edit... Day 1 had two cameras rolling - most of the rest of the trip we ran 6 or 7 cameras... and work is starting to get busy again - less time and more tired... could be hard to fit in editing time...

Last edited:
Loved the start of the video, you should include the audio, it was funny. Looks like you had a good laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of laughing fo sho... You won't find many lads less PC or more foul-mouthed than me & Ad, and because we know each other so long, we freely say whatever we want, about anything - not always stuff we'd want our kids or partners to hear...

And also we just sound like morons half the time...

I will leave some audio in sometimes with the rest of the days. 😉

Lots of laughing fo sho... You won't find many lads less PC or more foul-mouthed than me & Ad, and because we know each other so long, we freely say whatever we want, about anything - not always stuff we'd want our kids or partners to hear...

I will leave some audio in sometimes with the rest of the days.

Understood! I look forward to hearing you bollock your mate for not pressing the button properly in further episodes :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will leave some audio in sometimes with the rest of the days. ��

I enjoyed this intro - yes, we need some audio!
What clever editing software did you use? I need to do some of this too.
How do you do these clever maps?

Software is DaVinci Resolve 15. It's free. There are other free ones too that perform equally well. I just liked Resolve most.

Map clips were done using Plotaroute (free) and Movavi screen capture (€50).

I'm still using YT tutorials to learn this stuff. When I get an idea to do something I find a video on how to do it and then dick around myself.

I don't go out, live alone and amn't in a relationship - editing videos takes a lot of time...

Software is DaVinci Resolve 15. It's free. There are other free ones too that perform equally well. I just liked Resolve most.

Map clips were done using Plotaroute (free) and Movavi screen capture (€50).

I'm still using YT tutorials to learn this stuff. When I get an idea to do something I find a video on how to do it and then dick around myself.

I don't go out, live alone and amn't in a relationship - editing videos takes a lot of time...

Thanks for the info.
I work away from home Mon. to Fri. so also have a lot of spare evening time (in the winter) so I might dabble.

Great video, looking forward to the next ones... Had me giggling a few times - isn't it funny how the best bits are when things go a wee bit wrong? :p

Just had a good look at Plotaroute - nice wee routing tool. Wonder would it be a viable alternative to BaseCamp? :thumb2

What good timing. Putting me in the mood. I arrive Malaga on Monday. When Irene was sick I assume it was the tall Spanish guy that was in the warehouse ? Did you meet her at all ? :augie

Didn't meet her, just spoke. 😕

Smoking dude processed us. All good. ☺

Gonna be biking on this trip Luke? Or just getting away from home for a bit?

Nice. Nice time to be getting out of Ireland. Enjoy. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom