Skipping waypoints / Moving to next waypoint following a route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

Reaction score
While following a route and missing out a way point the unit insists I go back to that way point.
How do I force it to forget the way point and move to the next way point and continue with the route.

I have read theres an option button to skip, but cant find this on the Nav V
Selecting the next way point still takes me back to the last one.

Tony

On the Nav VI, there's a little icon which skips to the next waypoint. I use it quite a lot when the waypoint I want is from start point to end point via Anytown, but I don't particularly need or want to go to the absolute centre of Anytown.

You can choose whether to have this or not. Go to Settings - Map and Vehicle - Map Buttons. You can then choose two buttons from the choice to have there. The Skip button looks like a push pin with an arrow going round it.

No idea whether this is the same on the Nav V, but might be similar.

Good ole Garmin eh. IIRC, you need a NavVI, or follow Wappings suggestion.

Personally, with my NavIV, I still use way-points occasionally, but knowing the inflexibility of the Garmin logic, I always make sure I pick a main road just after the point I actually want to visit, rather than pin it down to say a specific town/village/site of interest. This avoids the never ending circuitous nonsense you will otherwise endure.

On my Nav V I scroll through the screens with the wheel, the last screen has a host of function on it. Scroll to the bottom and the last one is skip waypoint. Peers scroll wheel to the right for a couple of seconds and that point is deleted and you then are on your way to the next waypoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have used the skip waypoint on y Nav 5 and I don't have a jog wheel. Buggered if i can remember where it is, but the function exists on all nav 5's...

On the Nav VI, there's a little icon which skips to the next waypoint. I use it quite a lot when the waypoint I want is from start point to end point via Anytown, but I don't particularly need or want to go to the absolute centre of Anytown.

You can choose whether to have this or not. Go to Settings - Map and Vehicle - Map Buttons. You can then choose two buttons from the choice to have there. The Skip button looks like a push pin with an arrow going round it.

same on Zumo 390 - by default you have the red X but you can add a 2nd icon like you describe or have 2 of your own by deleting the X. I would be surprised if this is not an option on all versions of Zumo and their Navigator siblings.

Yes it is. I have it set up that way on mine. Extract from Nav 5 instruction booklet below:

Attachments

• 35F5404B-4815-4766-9D2D-506692AFFA1A.jpeg
    35F5404B-4815-4766-9D2D-506692AFFA1A.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 566

What he said above is exactly what I have on my nav v.
It was as already operational on my screen when I bought my nav v.
I use via points all the time when I plot a days riding sitting in my camping chair by the tent.
Sometimes on a particular road it might be on the other carriageway or a small street next to the one your on. Just click on the icon on the screen and it calculates to the next via point.

Hi
Thanks for all the help.Logic of the 660 was to just go to the next way point. Your help will prevent a lot of cursing.

Tony

I've been using the Nav 5 for several years now and this tip will benefit me on trips to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom