660 US Mapping??

T12

Reaction score
I’m going to the US soon. Is there any alternative to paying Garmin £69.99 for the North America mapping tile to enable me to use my 660 over there? I’m heading to California with the family and before getting stung renting one I thought I’d ask the knowledgeable people here and see if it’s worth taking with me?

Cheers,

T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Download maps for free from Open Street Maps. There are lots of threads on the same subject of US mapping and how to download / install Open Street Maps onto your Garmin device.

Could be the more wasteful option - haven’t looked at prices but I will. Cheers.

I have the Magellan about $100 i think, better than Garmin and i have used it on loads of trips. Also get a dashcam about $40

Download maps for free from Open Street Maps. There are lots of threads on the same subject of US mapping and how to download / install Open Street Maps onto your Garmin device.

Thanks - I’ll look again but my initial search didn’t throw anything up.

Cheers, I’ll try and get on a computer and have a look.

My old Mac isn't liking trying to get this across and on to the Garmin.

Is it any easier to get it on to a Zumo 396?

How (by which method) are you trying to get it from your Mac to your GPS device?

Buy the N.America SD card. When you get back, flog it again.
I sold mine for £10 less than it cost me new. I thought that was a pretty easy & economical way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom