Suggestions for a useable tank bag for the GSA 1250

thanks Victor and Jersey Neil , it looks better than i thought to be honest. Had an inkling they might look quite obtrusive, but they dont. cheers Lads

You're welcome. Furthermore these are the only tank bags that I'm aware of that are properly waterproof without having to fit a 'shower cap' onto them when it rains.
The map pocket is not waterproof but the bag itself is 100%

Neil

You're welcome. Furthermore these are the only tank bags that I'm aware of that are properly waterproof without having to fit a 'shower cap' onto them when it rains.
The map pocket is not waterproof but the bag itself is 100%

Neil

Yep. Mine never leaked, but the map pocket does tend to fog up in the wet. For the fit and price, I would recommend. Try Bahnstormers for price. They were the cheapest at the time of buying mine, and free next day delivery.

I'm not exactly sure where my scuffing was because I've didn't measure it before I changed bikes, but I've now put some self adhesive foam rubber on the underside of the bag and some helicopter tape where that makes contact. This now holds the rest of the bag away from the paintwork. Some pics below:

A6K5-50815-XL.jpg

A6K5-50816-XL.jpg

A6K5-50812-XL.jpg

Many thanks Fred. Good fix!

SW Motech sits fine on mine and the added map pocket is handy too as it is held in place with a couple of toggles rather than just Velcro which didn’t hold well in cross winds.....the ring is fixed solid to tank and I can’t imagine any problem.....had a Touratech one previous and it slid all over the place.......
Hi, I have bar risers on my GSA1250 and unfortunately, the large bag won't work when fitting to the Motech Pro City Tank Bag as the bars won't turn full lock without hitting it? Any thoughts

I used this one on mine

IMG_0547.JPGIMG_0549.JPGIMG_0548.JPGIMG_0546.JPGIMG_0545.JPG

It’s for sale if you’re interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use 2 different sizes of Givi Tanklocked depending on how much stuff I am carrying. And I have made the original BMW key fit both so only carry one key now.
b3c88d82a2718584badc0d7e57ad5ed4.jpg

694047f650222381124e7862270c114d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my previous -15 GSA I used a SWMotech with the tank-ring. It served me well for several years with no issues. I can see how the tankring may be an issue, but I never brought my rock collection....

However, living where I do, I got fed up with the tankbag not being waterproof. After a search, I ended up with the BMW tankbag. It is not perfect, but is waterproof.

But I must say I do agree with the statement about silly design where they put the clear cover on top, and call it a map-pocket.
I share the experience where it fogs up, and using it is a sure way to damage your maps do to water ingress. The only thing the clear top is good for is to reflect the sun to hit your eyes. All in all utterly useless.
Also the strapping with no support for side forces is not so bright. A couple of straps to the side would be of great help for stabilizing.

But in spite of all the above, I'm still using it. Being waterproof thrumps the disadvantages.

I use 2 different sizes of Givi Tanklocked depending on how much stuff I am carrying. And I have made the original BMW key fit both so only carry one key now.

Is that the Givi UT810 bag? I'm interested in it but can't find any decent reviews. I'm looking for a tank bag that is waterproof, isn't "enormous" but a good size and uses a tanklock style ring. Can you clarify what you mean about making the BMW key fit both of your tanklockED bags - I had assumed tanklockED bags come with a Givi key... are you saying they can be adjusted to use the BMW bike key and if so, is this easy to do or does it need fiddling/more parts? I have a 2008 GSA.

Yes. It is the UT810. It is perfect for my bigger trips where I use it for keeping everything that I need for an overnight on a boat.

And yes. You can modify it for using the BMW key. I spent a few hours doing it for both my Tanklocked bags. I bought some small files of Amazon and took my time. I now have one key for the bike, both tank bags and my BMW topbox. Perfect. You can see how to do it here.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/how-to-re-key-givi-trekker-to-bmw-key.1205884/

I went for the SW Motech Micro as I had it on my previous bike. Never liked having a massive bag in front of me. I just this for passport/glasses/batteries etc, nothing too heavy.

Attachments

• 2C0CE20D-4C8A-4AB0-9C11-A4D31746642C.jpg
    2C0CE20D-4C8A-4AB0-9C11-A4D31746642C.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 812
Hi
I'm on my third GS and have had the Givi tank lock fitted without any problems.
Not heard of anything untoward.

I went for the SW Motech Micro as I had it on my previous bike. Never liked having a massive bag in front of me. I just this for passport/glasses/batteries etc, nothing too heavy.

I've the same bag - verging on being too small, but okay if sensible :thumb

I've the same bag - verging on being too small, but okay if sensible :thumb

Agreed! I'm tempted by the larger one but then I think I'd just hoard shit in it lol

I think when we went to the Alps in August I had both passports, any docs we needed, my wallet, ear plugs, battery backup and my glasses. Just easy access stuff really.

Agreed! I'm tempted by the larger one but then I think I'd just hoard shit in it lol

I think when we went to the Alps in August I had both passports, any docs we needed, my wallet, ear plugs, battery backup and my glasses. Just easy access stuff really.

I have the GIVI 5L tank bag for the same sort of items. My damp chamois leather for visor cleaning, goes in the zipped side pocket, easily accessed and returned with gloves on. The luggage stuff can go in panniers or top box.

Yes. It is the UT810. It is perfect for my bigger trips where I use it for keeping everything that I need for an overnight on a boat.

And yes. You can modify it for using the BMW key. I spent a few hours doing it for both my Tanklocked bags. I bought some small files of Amazon and took my time. I now have one key for the bike, both tank bags and my BMW topbox. Perfect. You can see how to do it here.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/how-to-re-key-givi-trekker-to-bmw-key.1205884/

Many thanks for replying - that looks quite interesting.

Having clocked up thousands of miles in Europe, I have found no better tankbags, than those by Touratech / Wunderlich.

Why?

A. They are simple in design and simple in use

B. They are very easy to take on and off, ‘hinge’ forward when fuelling and can be opened one handed, even on the move, when necessary

C. They come in a good range of sizes

D. The little credit card holder is useful, as are the pen holders. Want to buy fuel or pay for the payage? Open the bag, take out the credit card, make the transaction and put it back. Easy and no more fiddling about wondering where you last put your wallet in your myriad of ‘Adventure’ pockets. The holder’s clear cover will mean that you can always see the card when you lift the bag’s top, reducing the chances of you wondering where you last put it. Use it and then put it back; it is that easy. Not touching your wallet, means there is much less chance of you losing that. It can stay zipped in your pocket.

E. The clear top, rip-off, map carrier is a good size. Use it for maps or just a place to put a handwritten route plan

F. Use the elasticated straps to hold your gloves

G. The shoulder strap is useful, leaving you two hands free to carry your other ‘must have’ shite

H. I could go on.....

I am looking for advice

Has anybody bought a tank bag for the 1250 GSA? My research tells me there does not seem to be much choice.

I`m dragging this thread back up as i too am looking for a tank bag for a 2021 GSA and there doesn`t seem to be much available.
Anyone update with any more options(pics), preferably the type that is strapped down rather than the ones which `float` on the filler?

Back
Top Bottom