TT Isle of Man 2019

Lord Lucan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone going?

I'll be in my London Taxi again... Possibly the only Black Cab on the Island.

Sorry in advance if we hold you up over the mountain road.

Our favourite viewing point is Hilberry Bend, with the unfillable sprawling campsite a 10minute walk away.

The site has a backroad to Douglas when the main race road is closed.

Hope the expensive floppy fairground burgers have been upgraded this year at Hilberry.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Yep, I go every year. There for 6 nights this year, stopping in a cottage in Laxey for a change, but can get the electric tram to Douglas on an evening. I try to find different spots each race. Last year I was at the rise just after Crosby - it was a fantastic spot but ended up in a hedge for 10 hours due to delays with no exit road - even the food van ran out!

I’ll be there for practice week, arriving Monday 27th and leaving Sunday 2nd June. Camping at Ramsay.

May pop over. I live close to the ferry terminal (under and hour's cycle away) so may pop over as a foot passenger. Some pals of mine are going over for the 2 weeks in a motorhome, so I can bunk up with them (they will take my tent/sleeping bag with them), on my pushbike as a foot passenger...

Yep, I go every year. There for 6 nights this year, stopping in a cottage in Laxey for a change, but can get the electric tram to Douglas on an evening. I try to find different spots each race. Last year I was at the rise just after Crosby - it was a fantastic spot but ended up in a hedge for 10 hours due to delays with no exit road - even the food van ran out!
Ahh Laxey! 12 years of stopping on the football pitch and the old campsite. Best village on the whole island. You haven’t lived until you’ve been stuck to the floor in the queens. Had a wonderful ambulance ride from there to Nobels for an extended 5 night stay courtesy of alcohol and the dark ! No-one warned us that they turn the street lights off about midnight.

I’m not going, but have enjoyed it in the past, will definitely go again.

The dirty weekend that we spent in Laxey,
The soixant-neuf in the back, of a taxi,
Oh how my p£&@s stings,
These foolish things,
Remind me if you....

Sorry, a bit off topic.

Yep,I'll be there,been going since 1979.Will be sat on the wall of The Central pub in Ramsey as usual :thumb2

Kimbo

Back
Top Bottom