Mugello moto gp trip route

hi wapping
thats fab and im going to go with this .. we owe you a pint fella .... ill get onto the guys and girl and go through it .. again thanks for taking the time to sort this ..#TOPMAN

hi guys
that is fantastic info and i really appreciate your input , i have done a few trips in the past to monza cattalunya with the guys ... and in 2017 i did misano with just me and the daughter on the back which took me from calais to belgium luxembourg through the black forest lichtenstein switzerland and down into italy , i just put a destination in and let the nav do the work , im happy to take your recommendations rather than second guessin ,.. would you recommend crunching some miles to get into them there hills the first day ?

Yes, that's what I always do!
Big miles on the French 'motorway' are easy. :beerjug::beerjug:

... in 2017 i did misano...which took me from calais to belgium luxembourg through the black forest lichtenstein switzerland and down into italy.... just put a destination in and let the nav do the work ....

Your 2017 GPS generated route from Calais > Belgium > Luxembourg > Lichtenstein > Italy is near enough the direction that Kurviger throws up for the return leg, Mugello > Stelvio > Black Forest > Calais

..... would you recommend crunching some miles to get into them there hills the first day ?

There are people on this site who (apparently) will never touch a motorway in their lives, particularly not ones that you have to pay for. There are others that find northern France boring, so will take the motorway. There are others that are not so hide bound by their obstinate aversion to motorways, that they’ll not cut off their nose despite their face and / or will take a motorway if they feel it is the sensible thing to do, given time restraints. Then there are those that do not find all of north eastern France boring. In short, depending on who you ask, the answer will differ.

On your first day you are taking the 7 AM ferry, which takes 90 minutes plus a bit for faffing around. You also lose an hour in the time difference between the UK and France. The earliest you will be underway is 09:30 French time, probably closer to 10 once you are all off and have chin wagged on French soil. Ahead of you stretches (I think) five days to get to the main purpose of your holiday, which is the Moto GP at Mugello. That - if you take the Kurviger suggestion, avoid all motorways, toll roads and goat tracks - is roughly 1,100 miles. That is an average of 220 miles a day over the five days on the N and D roads of France into Italy; perfectly reasonable and doable, depending on what time you get up, get underway, stop for breaks and expect to finish in the afternoon. The question therefore is: Does that suit YOU and can YOU / your friends do it?

I am a big believer in creating some slack in any plans, when I am making them for an unknown third party. As I am not you, I’d suggest that you take the motorway on day one, simply as it’s easy. You should end the day somewhere around Dijon, quite comfortably. That is 350 miles; you are roughly halfway down France, equidistant between Calais and Marseille. Too far? OK aim for Troyes, at 250 miles. Either will make great jumping off points for day two. Not far enough? OK, keep going south, it’s broadly the direction you need to take.

Some people cannot imagine what 350 / 250 miles is. You live in Mansfield; 250 miles, direct on motorways and main roads will take you to Penzance. 350 will take you to, Dundee. Can you / your mates ride home to Dundee or Penzance in a day on a holiday? Which roads would you take? Would you favour motorways or the lesser roads? Only you know the answer to that.

Now it’s your round

:beerjug:

Hi guys

been working away and cant really take all this in on the phone , we are meeting up to go through the routes friday night what you have suggested , im so grateful for the input from you guys with special thanks to you Wapping

i will get back to you with the final route for you to look over if you dont mind just to make sure there isnt any problems when aint seen .. cheers again guys

Sam

Back
Top Bottom