There was smoke everywhere!

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been out for a blast on my kettle with these 2 other strokers. Fantastic fun but couldn't see a thing for the smoke that was laid down when all 3 were opened up. The RD350 is a particularly gorgeous little bike, the GT500 is a proper hooligan and the kettle is just super smooth.

Attachments

• 20190604_140049.jpg
    20190604_140049.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 785
  • 20190604_151146.jpg
    20190604_151146.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 696
I remember following a mate on his newly acquired GT500 and it splattering the front of my Triumph Tiger with oil spots :blast

Filthy bastard thing :D

Couple of my pals had those ‘torque induction ‘ 350’s , they were fairly quick in their day.

Would love another T500 or GT500 having owned both in the early 80's, only problem is the ridiculous prices they are going for nowadays .

Back then they were 5 or 6 years old £150 to £250 bikes

Here's mine, gt550!
7153ec11b988c6482785ab90adc0747d.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Beggin Yer parsnips an all that, but with the round tank and spoke wheels is that a YR5 rather than an RD ??

Genuinely Interested to know, Not nit picking Any RD i have ever known / worked on has been coffin tank and Lester type alloys single disk /drum to the RD400F twin Disc Front single Disc Rear

Oh How I Yearn for those days again (especially knees that fitted )

attachment.php

No it's an Rd, my mate has a silver one, the yr5 came before the Rd, the yr5 was gold and black or white and gold

Apologies I should have Looked Before opening my Beak

I think the RD versions were very rare over here to be honest

Health to ride and quite jealous Wishing I still had an RD400F :(

YR51.jpg

Apologies I should have Looked Before opening my Beak

I think the RD versions were very rare over here to be honest

Health to ride and quite jealous Wishing I still had an RD400F :(

YR51.jpg
That's a yr5, lovely!

I rode a GT500 for a time when I was broke in Australia, it wasn’t a very nice bike, later on I used a YR5 for dispatch riding in London, reliable as a bone and went very well.

Both bikes were a bit thirsty for modern petrol prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The little red Yamaha is a 1975 RD350B, in US spec. (the US bikes were a different colour & had a slightly slimmer tank & different tail-light to the UK bikes). I bought a new 350B from Eddy's in Leeds in early 1976. Great bikes! :thumb2

Fecking paraffin pissers!

They should be banned!!

:D

Point of order they are Petrol pissers, I just wish my garage still gave green shield stamps just as they did when the bike was new. I and the guy up the road with a V8 petrol Landy would have more ornaments and electrical gismos than you can shake a stick at.

Back
Top Bottom