Show us your DR650

MikeS

Bloke
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From the recent stunning DR650 for sale thread it sounds like there are few DR650 owners on here.

Here is mine as it looks now after 16 years of owning it.

Attachments

• small DSCF0231.JPG
    small DSCF0231.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 303
As no one else has posted in here I thought I had better buy myself another DR650 just so I had an excuse to post in here again. I am clearly the master of starting popular threads :D.

So nearly 2 years after first viewing it this "as new" and very hard to find DR650 is finally mine, 2014 model with 3000 miles and loads of nice extras. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago as a spare for my ageing but never to be sold 2003 model shown above.

Attachments

• Photo 5.JPG
    Photo 5.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 199
As no one else has posted in here I thought I had better buy myself another DR650 just so I had an excuse to post in here again. I am clearly the master of starting popular threads :D.

So nearly 2 years after first viewing it this "as new" and very hard to find DR650 is finally mine, 2014 model with 3000 miles and loads of nice extras. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago as a spare for my ageing but never to be sold 2003 model shown above.

That's rather nice. Where did you find such a late one?

That's rather nice. Where did you find such a late one?

Thanks, they are still being sold new in the US and some other places after 24 years since they were first available. This was one of a batch imported new by a dealer in Reading in 2014. The previous owner spent some time and money on it. I missed it when he sold it on here last year but I kept in contact with the buyer and he decided to sell it to me a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased, never thought I would get my hands on such a good one.

How about a DR850?

Not a mistake.
Yes, the largest roadgoing single cylinder bike in Ireland.

Attachments

• DR850.jpg
    DR850.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 175
this is my old one I got from Fanum . I also got a black one a couple of years ago , great bikes quite quick and light enough. those grey ones are very nice there was one on here for sale a little while ago nearly 5 grand though .

Attachments

• 26DB1C42-8C80-4234-9083-C319E3D41CC6.jpg
    26DB1C42-8C80-4234-9083-C319E3D41CC6.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 214
this is my old one I got from Fanum . I also got a black one a couple of years ago , great bikes quite quick and light enough. those grey ones are very nice there was one on here for sale a little while ago nearly 5 grand though .

My old bike, it was a really good one before he got his big mitts on it 😁

Attachments

• IMGP0766-01.jpg
    IMGP0766-01.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 152
Thanks, they are still being sold new in the US and some other places after 24 years since they were first available. This was one of a batch imported new by a dealer in Reading in 2014. The previous owner spent some time and money on it. I missed it when he sold it on here last year but I kept in contact with the buyer and he decided to sell it to me a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased, never thought I would get my hands on such a good one.

I knew they were still in production (along with the XR650), it's just a shame they don't sell them here. Although I guess they don't for a reason (wouldn't sell enough presumably).

I still have a soft spot for big singles, DRs especially after having a DR800 for about 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom