Morocco 4-17 of April 2020

That’s enough to get you to Cape Town ;) unless that includes buying the bike :D

Have a great trip

I’m taking less next May and I’m going all the way to Cape Town :bounce1 So you will definitely have enough cash.

Just hop on the bike and go........I’d do ferry to Spain......overnight in Salamanca then ride down to Algeciras and stay overnight then early ferry to Tan Med....easy port , grab ya dirhams and insurance and off you go.......you can push to Merzouga in a couple of days but I’d put 2 stops in as it could be slow going with shit on the roads from winter landslides and the odd bad surface although it’s getting better all the time......I’d recommend Kasbah Azalay ....great guys and very friendly right on the edge of desert.
You can head back next day and up Tohdra Gorge and loop down Dades if you fancy an easy challenge......Chez Pierre is a great place to stay.......then do Ait Benhaddou.....stay Baghdad cafe..... the rest is up to you......I’d do Tizi n Test....also visit Essaouira on west coast.....all takes time and so many other places to ride / visit...... I did Algeciras to Santander on one trip.....8 hrs and knackered......
I’m thinking of a run down next year not taking tours so just a boys trip........some info on my Facebook site.....Moroccan motorcycle tours if you need any.......

Hello,

looking to ride from Liverpool to Morocco on the above dates if anyone is going I would be happy to join you or if anyone has any advice about traveling at this time of the month etc :)

was thinking about using the Euro tunnel and taking some of the TET on my way down,

I have around £7000 for the trip will that be enough?

Going on a GS1200

John.

I've guided around 16 or 17 trips in Morocco and would say April is a good month to go.
£7k is far too much!!
If your intending to take in part of the TET on the way down then consider tyre wear and time, as it's a long way to go to then have to rush around Morocco.

IMO you'd do better to take the ferry to Santander and if you have a day or so left over on your way back then use it in the Picos.

A friend and I will be heading from Cork to Santander on 03/04/20 returning from Santander on 19/04/20. I have an itinerary if you are interested. I will be posting a thread for those who may be interested (this week). I will be on a F800GS and he on a R1100GS. We will be staying in fairly good hotels (1 night tent in Merzouga/Sahara). We will also be doing a few off road bits e.g. Cirque du Jaffar etc.

Did a trip there last month, 10 bikes, mix of tour company bikes and private. Bring your green card. They are a slippery bunch at the border, wits needed, try and stay in same group without getting split up. One guy didn't have green card and had to pay €120 for insurance on a UK registered bike for 8 days (bit unfortunate that his GS1150 final drive calved on second day, that bike still out there). Swedish guy on KTM no green card got through no extra charges. We did wild camping for 5 nights and 2 hotel nights.

We did 6 hour ferry crossing to the east side (less developed, poorer) Morocco, headed south for couple days, then west for couple days and then north for short ferry crossing back to Spain.

Don’t world of bmw tours do a tour of Morocco. The bikes are shipped to the south of Spain, where you fly in, collect and then do the tour, with just a return ride home.

Expect to ride about 4000 miles over 19 days, so this isn’t for the faint hearted, but I will make it a trip to remember. Unfortunately not suitable for pillion passengers
techzpod download mobdro

Back
Top Bottom