Camping at BMW days Garmisch 2019

paganman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
I've not been to the BMW days festival, but I'm planning to go this year with 3 other bikes.(I'm the only Beemer owner)
I believe there is free camping available at Garmisch, is this just for BMW's or are they ok with lesser mortals on other bikes?
Also is the campsite and facilities ok?
If anyone has any tips, recommendations or advice, it would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks in advance

not been for a few years but about 5 year ago they started chargeing a nominal fee of about 7.50 yo yo to pay for the showers and toilets. Both of these sevices were spotlessly clean and and large enough to accomodate the huge number of campers. Tips = there is a lidl at bottom of the campsite. You cant take your bike aside your tent - a parking area for bikes/vans etc near though. I right enjoyed it and may go again this year. It can rain/snow/sunburn in same day.
#HTHY

Camping is open from the Thurs evening, but wash and toilet facilities don’t open until the Friday. They charge €20 for the weekend, regardless of bike make, which covers the provision of the facilities (clean and plentiful). For some reason, they never charged me last year.

Each camping area has its own separate bike parking, which is usually just a few meters away and they provide wooden side stand pucks to stop your bike sinking in.

Friday and Sat nights can be noisy, so if you want a quiet night, ask for a pitch a bit further away from the main area. They even set up a camp fire to sit around. If you arrive on Sat, you may just have to take whatever is left, which will probably be a bit further out anyway.

Nowhere is much of a walk away, with the main town, about 15 mins down the hill (45 mins if you have had a few too many!).

I’m going again this year, so may see you there.

Mark

Thanks to everyone's help and tips, had a bloody wonderful time! I'll definitely be going again :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom