V4 Streetfighter

I usually fall into the same bracket as Nutty on that TBH but in all honesty the thought of 200+BHP and such low weight genuinely scares me with the responsibility it would bring and I usually err on the side of recklessness

Having said all that the electronics on the Multi are the best i have ever encountered , so subtle and un obtrusive and yet so very capable and adjustable i can believe ( or want to believe) that the SF V$ is tameable to mere mortals

The saving grace of the Streetfighter is no fairing.
The problem with my H2 SX was that it was so ballistic and so smooth that you could be well into three figure speeds without realising whereas having your head ripped off on the Duke may give you an early warning :)

Had a sit on one in Manchester a few days ago , your right about the wind part , there's nothing to the front of the bike when you are sat on it.
Will be some flies eaten on that on a sunny day.
Surprisingly not cramped though.

My local dealer will have a demo, so I hope to have a spin on one, but in the current climate, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he sells it to help pay the bills while plague season is upon us.
We shall see.

Al Fagan likes it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IeNaFrCqQV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’ve just been sorting the spec before I order one !! :)

a57a50ed6d594724951c6c1bbfb40d5b.jpg

Im in total awe of people who can ride something like that to anything like it’s potential. But them I’m old and getting older.

Had one for the day , what an amazing handling bike , really easy to ride fast in the twisties
Not the same punch as the 1260 , but fuck it’s rapid.
It is however kind of pointless as the speed of the bike outweighs the small fairing by 5-1.
Totally unbearable
Still those corners are mesmerising , it just doesn’t need to be that fast

Had one for the day , what an amazing handling bike , really easy to ride fast in the twisties
It is however kind of pointless as the speed of the bike outweighs the small fairing by 5-1.
Totally unbearable

Eh, it doesn’t have a fairing !

Not ridden either 1260 or V4 Streetfighter but I’m surprised you think the 1260 has more punch , when the Streetfighter makes 50 more bhp .
Does the 95 lb feet of torque of the 1260 compared to 90 of the Streetfighter really outweigh the 50bhp deficit ?

Good comparison to Panigale

https://youtu.be/PmVvKQZRdfI

Eh, it doesn’t have a fairing !

Not ridden either 1260 or V4 Streetfighter but I’m surprised you think the 1260 has more punch , when the Streetfighter makes 50 more bhp .
Does the 95 lb feet of torque of the 1260 compared to 90 of the Streetfighter really outweigh the 50bhp deficit ?

Good comparison to Panigale

https://youtu.be/PmVvKQZRdfI

I havent ridden a streetfighter yet as i am waiting for the V2 ( which i maintain will be the better bike) but i reckon that the 1260 torque is lower down in the revs so more accessible if you know what i mean

I havent ridden a streetfighter yet as i am waiting for the V2 ( which i maintain will be the better bike) but i reckon that the 1260 torque is lower down in the revs so more accessible if you know what i mean

Absolutely .
But then I think the V4 is misleading.
It’s got so much grunt low down that you don’t realise you’re under half way around the rev counter.
No plans to buy one but might try take a Streetfighter out when I get my ATAS serviced later this month at Blade.

Yes that’s what I meant
The sf is a real missile , it feels faster than the Aprilia .
But for a very brief moment the 1260 seems to have the low down grunt out of the bends.
No doubt the sf would leave it , it’s just a sensation I guess.

The super duke has no fairing either , nor the MT10 as you know.
But they seem to have much better wind resistance to the sf.
Could be the ballistic speed

Go try it and let me know ;)

Totally unbearable

Having had a Streetfighter V4S for the day, I found the opposite of it being ‘totally unbearable ‘
The riding position is very comfortable and the seat is amazing .
The bars are canted forward enough just so they take weight off your lower back and gives you something to brace against at high speed.The shape of the headlight/clocks etc did a surprisingly good job and I found it absolutely fine up at high (ish) speeds.
Great fuelling and sounds stunning with Akra and the autoblipper/quick shifter.Pulls from 30 in top and you think it’s going bananas only to see another 5000 revs available before the redline (at 14500)

Bit thirsty and can’t carry luggage.Plus I’m not struck on the front end and the wings etc,but it’s an utterly brilliant machine....

7156e8a6ba2d4778c508c747311ddf60.jpg

ce94e82df85babb890a9fddbf577b3f5.jpg

6b0f94c0fb997d36be6b590986268b2a.jpg

b43df914e2ca1b39f288173a8d48005a.jpg

First dibs on the Renazco seat from the 701 once you part ex it for the Streetfighter. :D

Back
Top Bottom