BMW Nav 7

grant123

Reaction score
Surely a Nav 7 must be making an appearance soon?

what are peoples thoughts?

Possibly

tenor.gif

you would think so - its a bit overdue

the Nav5 is out of support - i'm amazed BMW still sell them, but there's been some very good reductions on it and the 6 which makes me wonder if they are clearing the 5 and lowering the 6 to make way for a new model?

the Nav5 is out of support - i'm amazed BMW still sell them, but there's been some very good reductions on it and the 6 which makes me wonder if they are clearing the 5 and lowering the 6 to make way for a new model?

Nope, the 6 hasn't been around as long as the V was, so I would think not a 7 for a while

just feels a bit dated now doesn't it, found my tom tom rider 550 (which i sold when i got the GS) was a better unit which makes me reluctant to buy the nav6.

just feels a bit dated now doesn't it, found my tom tom rider 550 (which i sold when i got the GS) was a better unit which makes me reluctant to buy the nav6.

On the rumour mill though, they are working on a new TFT split screen...............:augie

On the rumour mill though, they are working on a new TFT split screen...............:augie
I doubt they will bring out another stand alone navigation device, me thinks they will focus their efforts on a smartphone navigation integration with TFT screens.

I doubt they will bring out another stand alone navigation device, me thinks they will focus their efforts on a smartphone navigation integration with TFT screens.

the free smartphone app works quite well

if they could integrated it with the wheel similar to the Wunderlinq product it would be very good indeed.

Apparently if rumour is correct it will be a removable tablet style device.

Apparently if rumour is correct it will be a removable tablet style device.

i could see this being right

thing is, on a GS at least, the TFT dash isn't in a great location for a GPS - where as the mount for the Nav5/6 really is

would be a good idea to split the TFT into two parts - both configurable to show what you want them to show - or you could run as a "dash" and "nav" - that would be nice!

i could see this being right

thing is, on a GS at least, the TFT dash isn't in a great location for a GPS - where as the mount for the Nav5/6 really is

would be a good idea to split the TFT into two parts - both configurable to show what you want them to show - or you could run as a "dash" and "nav" - that would be nice!

That is their idea a tablet TFT that can be split in 2 and removable, to avoid theft, and to be able to plan routes just like on a laptop in your tent or hotel room.

From a good source @ BMW Motorrad today, a BMW Navigator 7 is imminent ! Based on the XT.

My second Nav 6 is only two months old !

From a good source @ BMW Motorrad today, a BMW Navigator 7 is imminent ! Based on the XT.

The replacement units are now available.... form factor is identical & still called a Navigator 6 but has updated software & appearance. On boot up "Make Life a Ride" is displayed which as far as I've discovered so far seems to be the easiest way of knowing whether you've got the updated model or not.

The replacement units are now available.... form factor is identical & still called a Navigator 6 but has updated software & appearance. On boot up "Make Life a Ride" is displayed which as far as I've discovered so far seems to be the easiest way of knowing whether you've got the updated model or not.

long time no see on here!

ive just been in to yours and tizzy sold me a nav6 2021,he said you said its good so on your head be it!

Back
Top Bottom