ABR festival 2019

Sorry, yep it did

The 'coolest' of the cool ones here, made their usual smarmy unhelpful comments

So fuck'em...............like 5 year olds in the playground[/

Are you riding your bike to the event or taking your trail bike in the van?

Doing what you do and trailering it behind a mate's camper for the weekend

One thing the ABR forum does have though, is straight answers, collated lists and encouragement to attend. Seems the opposite on here lol

The venue is pretty much on my doorstep, I'll be happy to meet up with any tossers for a ride and if anybody is looking for accommodation I can recommend a decent hotel in Redditch that my company uses and I should be able to get you a discount.

https://www.southcrestmanorhotel.com/

Is anyone going to this event? Due to having young kids and an unapproval wife I have a very rare opportunity to get away for a few (4) nights bike camping when this event is on..
Even if she's not on approval, if you got her on the internet you can return her under the Distance Selling Regulations.

HTH

I went last year and thought it was shit (apart from the twat who tried to set himself on fire inside his tent in the middle of the night :D...
My advise (would've been the same if there were still tickets available) if you have the opportunity for 4 days camping/riding at the lakes / cumbria why are you even asking if you should attend?? It's a no brainer head off to the lakes and enjoy some 'you' time with your mate...:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

I went last year and thought it was shit (apart from the twat who tried to set himself on fire inside his tent in the middle of the night :D...
My advise (would've been the same if there were still tickets available) if you have the opportunity for 4 days camping/riding at the lakes / cumbria why are you even asking if you should attend?? It's a no brainer head off to the lakes and enjoy some 'you' time with your mate...:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
I came to the same conclusion.

I came to the same conclusion.

But it does provide an opportunity for northern tyre-kickers to have demo rides on new bikes they have no intention of ever buying without troubling dealers so it serves a purpose.

I imagine there are a fair few Midlanders, Welsh and Southern tyre kickers there too.

I am going to see the Tenere 700, in the flesh

However I doubt you will get near getting a test ride on much as there will be loads of people wanting to ride the bikes

However I am mainly going to ride with the local TRF lads and see/ride the Cotswolds lanes and try my bike around the trail & Enduro courses (I am not taking a GS)

Going with an open mind which usually works best

It will be good to see the Inch Perfect lads too who are running the Trials course

Funny old world isn't it ..... only in the GS world do you get the snidey comments
On the ABR forum, plus the Enduro & Trials ones you don't get any such goings on

Hey-Ho

However I doubt you will get near getting a test ride on much as there will be loads of people wanting to ride the bikes

However I am mainly going to ride with the local TRF lads and see/ride the Cotswolds lanes and try my bike around the trail & Enduro courses (I am not taking a GS)

It will be good to see the Inch Perfect lads too who are running the Trials course

Funny old world isn't it ..... only in the GS world do you get the snidey comments
On the ABR forum, plus the Enduro & Trials ones you don't get any such goings on

Hey-Ho

see post 22...my thoughts and experience exactly. Having been on an ABR camp out in winter, the y are far more adventurised than the ukgser crowd....and far less bothered with matching hand guards..lol

Hey-Ho

Not sure what snide comments you are referring to? i was basing my comments on my own experience of last years event - It was shite...

Not sure what snide comments you are referring to? i was basing my comments on my own experience of last years event - It was shite...

Good I hope I enjoy it
Only going to ride off-road on a dirt bike
This year will be a totally different type of event ...New venue (which I went to last year for a Forestry show)

Sorry you didn't like it

Hey-Ho

That’ll be because, contrary to some opinions, this forum is very lightly moderated whereas the ABR one is far stricter. I was given a warning by pm from a moderator after asking why someone had been banned for what most would consider a very inconsequential comment.

It’s a shame they don’t worry about pm’s because I was subjected to a torrent of abuse for pointing out a few things that can cause problems on a certain bike when a guy asked for buying advice. I hadn’t realised he was asking because he was considering buying one of said motorcycles from another forum member :D

Back
Top Bottom