camping sites edinburgh

tripleblack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone one know of any good ones close to city centre or near public transport

checked out the website for the mortonhall they have got a secure bike shed for bikes but its £27 for 1 night for a tent bit steep

27 Notes for a tent, hope you get a free brekkie with that!!!,

I certainly would not be paying £27 a night but I would take a chain/wire rope even if Edinburgh is the only place you use it in Scotland - much better than a pound of butter in the fridge.

i did use this site only £22 on the day but the first thing they offered was an almighty chain and lock i asked why they said they were having issues with bikes being stolen .i asked do you have security they advised no do you supply a locked garage or shed they advised no .so very little sleep that night i did hear a van pull up at 0330 people walking around and then they left .not sure if anything taken .so will not be using that place again or visiting edinburgh again .but had a good trip doing the NC 500

Crikey! Not a great experience is it!
I used to live just along the road - had I still been there you could have used my garage.
Glad you enjoyed the NC500... I have done it many times over the years (before it was the NC500- when it was just a great road :))

i did use this site only £22 on the day but the first thing they offered was an almighty chain and lock i asked why they said they were having issues with bikes being stolen .i asked do you have security they advised no do you supply a locked garage or shed they advised no .so very little sleep that night i did hear a van pull up at 0330 people walking around and then they left .not sure if anything taken .so will not be using that place again or visiting edinburgh again .but had a good trip doing the NC 500

They were deffo checking out your bike ..its a wonder it was still there in the morning...I wouldnt park a bike anywhere near edinburgh and the surrounding areas ,,seems they know where all the b&b's hotels, guest houses are and patrol them looking for bikes to pinch...I post on the pages on facebook warning visiting bikers to scotland to avoid edinburgh like the plague ,and also if I happen to see any loaded up I say to them avoid edinburgh ...

i was ready for the fight but i put 2 chains on and a disk lock on alarm on i think they may have thought too much to get through without causing a scene .I ws going to stop in Glasgow on the way back but changed my mind due to possibility of the bike being stolen

Dont let all this talk of bike thefts put you off and I certainly dont have any problem leaving mine in Edinburgh - but i will use a disc lock and wire rope round something.
I would never dream of even locking my bike anywhere else in Scotland so its a particular problem for Edinburgh

Absolutely :)

Left outside at the moment with just a cover over it as my garage is not in use at the moment

Back
Top Bottom