Suit advice .

Best waterproofing solution I've ever had, after trying many brands and budgets, is cheap walking waterproofs over reasonably waterproof kit. Also means you can get a properly wanted suit for the summer. Or buy a one piece waterproof to put on over your normal kit.

I'll know by the weekend what I've got. Jacket may be sold but I think the trousers will be available. Just trying to identify what model they are but they're a Euro 54 regular length.

have u still got these for sale, if so what size are they

Yes been looking and trying on Rukka Nivala today... at last meet a great salesman at my local J&s ... tried on the Klim but have to say I was impressed with the Rukka ... now just getting my head around the cost :eek:

Well done you. Went to my J&S today and they were shite.

Need a new jacket following my off and the 'manager' was a complete numpty.

I felt bad for farting, until I smelt his b.o...!

I'd rather order online even though the costs are about the same - he offered me a £200 discount, except when I challenged his maths he said it was only £150 - it was actually £170. Thick as well as unwashed...

Have you tried Motolegends?
Excellent service and staff who know what they are talking about.
I bought my Nivala suit from them and took advantage of the 24 months interest free deal.

Well I bit the bullet

Spent the money .. and bought the Rukka Nivala.

And speak as you find... got good service from my local J&S and they price matched the best deal I found on the internet plus free cleaning products.

BUT ...

After doing nearly 3000 miles around France last week in all types of weather .. 35 degrees and then terrible rain, the jacket was amazing ... no water got through :thumb2.... but the pants ... well let’s say I felt like I was sitting in a bowl of water when it rained ... so yesterday back to J&S .. and they swopped pants immediately.. great service .. so let’s hope they were just a one off faulty pair.

I looked at Rukka but couldn't square the massive price tag. Ended up with an RST Adventure Pro 3 suit which was around £510 but on offer for much less at sportsbikeshop. One of the best armoured textile jacket's I've owned but admit that after a year of ownership I can't recommend the jacket. Trousers are fine. There's a massive design cock up with the jacket though. if you wear the waterproof liner and want to use the full connection zip with the trousers, the liner rides up and you end up getting your midriff area soaked, the water then running down the inside of the trousers into your crotch! Stupid design so you have to forgo zipping the jacket to the trousers if you want to remain dry.

I'm considering replacing the jacket with the Halvarsson's Prime jacket which seems a lot better designed and also doesn't rely on a separate waterproof liner which needs to be removed in summer. The advantage I guess of the RST design is that when the weather heats up there are so may mesh panels you can expose by unzipping external panels, you can use the suit year round. It's very warm in winter too. However, there's a few threads fraying on the jacket already so the moral of the story for me anyway is buy once, buy quality. RST is eclipsed in quality for little extra money when you look at what some mid priced jackets from Weise, Wolf and Halvarssons have on offer, not to mention Dianese and Alpinestars offerings which are also pretty decent for the money.

My 2 pennies worth...6 years ago I bought my first Rukka Jacket, Halvarrsons trousers and Daytona boots. A fortune (to me) was paid. All have been great but right now I am a bit stymied as on my recent trip, everything leaked, admittedly in Austrian, heavy torrential rain like I have never ridden in the UK for more than 90 minutes sustained. All my gear has over 60k of use in all weathers so a fair amount.

Boots were soaked at the sole level, wet socks for 2 days!
Jacket - inner elbows and lower torso soaked
Trousers - back of legs dripping, crotch like sitting in a pool of water.

I get that all good things must come to an end and fair to say they all gave me 60k of travels. All were re proofed or bees wax treated annually.
Daytona have said they'll repair my boots and soles for £100 but cannot do anything for the waterproofing.
Trousers are out of warranty and lasted well I think.
Rukka jacket is out of warranty but gore tex, after looking at numerous photos, labels and receipts, are currently investigating / inspecting the jacket. They could replace, repair or return. Yet unknown what they'll say. So anyway, I took my old £125 Spada textile jacket out of the loft to use in the meantime. I remember paying £120 for the jacket. It has better features than the Rukka (inner pockets, outer pockets, fold over w proof pockets, better venting. I am actually impressed with the level of thought that went into a cheap jacket. Yes, it is not a shell tec outer, so absorbs water. Yes it doesn't have cuffs that actually go over your gloves (I should have checked this prior to buying) but overall the features it has in terms of venting, pockets in jacket and same pockets available in liner are actually better than the Rukka Armaxis (I think) jacket I bought.

So here is the thing, I could buy a new jacket every year or 2 for the same money as rukka every 6 years. I guess after taking my cheapo out of the wardrobe, I was surprised to see it has the same loop system as rukka, same zip mechanism for trousers, a two way main zip so you can loosen from bottom upwards, more venting etc. Pretty good value for £125...
I'll hold my breath until gore tex say what's what before buying new for winter...let the research begin!

My 2 pennies worth...6 years ago I bought my first Rukka Jacket, Halvarrsons trousers and Daytona boots. A fortune (to me) was paid. All have been great but right now I am a bit stymied as on my recent trip, everything leaked, admittedly in Austrian, heavy torrential rain like I have never ridden in the UK for more than 90 minutes sustained. All my gear has over 60k of use in all weathers so a fair amount.

I get that all good things must come to an end and fair to say they all gave me 60k of travels. All were re proofed or bees wax treated annually.
Daytona have said they'll repair my boots and soles for £100 but cannot do anything for the waterproofing.
Rukka jacket is out of warranty but gore tex, after looking at numerous photos, labels and receipts, are currently investigating / inspecting the jacket. They could replace, repair or return. Yet unknown what they'll say. So anyway, I took my old £125 Spada textile jacket out of the loft to use in the meantime. I remember paying £120 for the jacket. It has better features than the Rukka (inner pockets, outer pockets, fold over w proof pockets, better venting. I am actually impressed with the level of thought that went into a cheap jacket. Yes, it is not a shell tec outer, so absorbs water. Yes it doesn't have cuffs that actually go over your gloves (I should have checked this prior to buying) but overall the features it has in terms of venting, pockets in jacket and same pockets available in liner are actually better than the Rukka Armaxis (I think) jacket I bought.

So here is the thing, I could buy a new jacket every year or 2 for the same money as rukka every 6 years. I guess after taking my cheapo out of the wardrobe, I was surprised to see it has the same loop system as rukka, same zip mechanism for trousers, a two way main zip so you can loosen from bottom upwards, more venting etc. Pretty good value for £125...
I'll hold my breath until gore tex say what's what before buying new for winter...let the research begin!
Daytona use goretex in their boots, perhaps another call is due enquiring about Gore guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I claimed via Gortex on a pair of Hein Gericke Goretex XCR (predecessor of Pro Shell). The leaked after a good 10 years of use and around 60,000 miles. GoreTex weren't able to replace them with like for like, but did give me a full refund of the price I'd paid. I don't think you can get a better warranty than that, they stand behind their products. All my current kit is GoreTex and IMHO well worth the extra it costs.

I think that there's a lot of empathy with the view that there's some stonking bargains to be had in lower priced textiles and a lot of over-priced big brand stuff from the likes of Rukka and BMW. The best jacket I ever owned and it pains me to have sold it on, was a Weise Dynastar Evo jacket which I bought on special offer at something like £90 when they were being discontinued. I wore it for several months but didn't like the matching trousers (so didn't buy them) and as none of my other textile trousers had the same zip system as Weise used, I bought the RST suit instead. The Weise was better made, more comfortable, more waterproof(!) and as well armoured although the RST uses a Cat 2 back protector which is rare (these are not supplied standard by most brands) and uses a heavier 600 denier shell.

Like you, I plan to buy a new jaccket overy few years for similar money. Technology and materials science moves on and these days even cheaper mid price jackets use things like laminated shells and outlast liners.

Daytona use goretex in their boots, perhaps another call is due enquiring about Gore guarantee.

I have thought of that, but they'll probably say the water ingress between the soles and sides is in need of repair first. I know I would. So its either a £100 post and hope to Daytona or a new pair of similar boots for similar money. Still pondering it...I re waxed themm the other day, so now just waiting to see if anything improves (I fear not, but it hasn't rained yet so no idea ) https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...s-gore-tex-waterproof-motorcycle-boots-review. I might enquire from gore tex once my jacket is back..

I have thought of that, but they'll probably say the water ingress between the soles and sides is in need of repair first. I know I would. So its either a £100 post and hope to Daytona or a new pair of similar boots for similar money. Still pondering it...I re waxed themm the other day, so now just waiting to see if anything improves (I fear not, but it hasn't rained yet so no idea ) https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...s-gore-tex-waterproof-motorcycle-boots-review. I might enquire from gore tex once my jacket is back..
Possibly, I was told not to wax/proof my old Daytona boots as it stopped them breathing. My newer ones have seperate inner boot which is goretex lined the outer being just leather and can be cleaned/fed.

Possibly, I was told not to wax/proof my old Daytona boots as it stopped them breathing. My newer ones have seperate inner boot which is goretex lined the outer being just leather and can be cleaned/fed.

Enquired when new jacket arrived and yep. Goretex said send the boots in, and have already paid for brand new replacement set of boots. Got the exact same brand, size and style. Now looking for trouses and I am liking the ten year warranty on Stadler...

I've recently bought new Rukka gear and you're welcome to try my existing set for a month if you'd like to. Jacket is 56 and trousers are 36" waist. I have many other bike jackets & nothing comes close to Rukka although it obviously costs vastly more.

Please PM me if youd like to borrow it.

Thanks

I got a euroguard suit from chester Motorrad at half price best suit I have owned great bit of kit

After Rukka refusing to honour warranty repairs after 4 years of use, even though both jacket and trousers had been back a few times previously for exactly same issue, i switched to Hideout and got made to measure for similar price to Rukka.
The Hideout gear also has full kevlar lining for full CE2 level safety, as well as the goretex (or equivalent) laminate for waterproofing.

Back
Top Bottom