Suit advice .

good luck with rukka they will not honor warranty (and it will fail on zips ) and motobellends are that helpful infact as I remember now complete pricks

I got my textiles made to measure by Scott Leathers for little more than £300 !! I treat them twice a year with Nike tent water proofer and on way home from IOM this year it was 7 hrs of monsoon rain all the bloody way. When i got home i was bone dry everywhere. Dont need to spend loads of money to keep dry.

I am a Rukka man ... years of commuting up to The Met 24/7 and it never failed me. Like anything one has to accept that sometimes kit goes wrong .. like bikes and cars they sometimes break and if its fairly new it puts you off for ever. There is no doubt lots of good stuff out there and as always a lot of it will come down to what the individual is willing to pay.
Merry Christmas everyone.

I got my textiles made to measure by Scott Leathers for little more than £300 !! I treat them twice a year with Nike tent water proofer and on way home from IOM this year it was 7 hrs of monsoon rain all the bloody way. When i got home i was bone dry everywhere. Dont need to spend loads of money to keep dry.

but do they warranty their kit for ten, six or lifetime...

+1 for the Nivala and Motolegends. Very impressed with the suit and Motolegends would recommend them both.

Agreed - I live just down the road from Motolegends and they are a top shop for bike gear. I buy almost all my kit there - but be warned they don't sell anything they don't really rate - which means there's not much low end kit there.

They have Rukka, Stadler, Klim, Halvarsson, etc.... and normally have a LOT of stock.

I ended up with the Rukka Nivala suit as well. Bought the jacket first, then the trousers when the weather started to get cold. It's a great suit despite the price.

My top tip is to do your homework before buying anything. Check out the features, go and try on a few suits to see what feels best, then do more homework on best available price online. Motolegends will do a 10% price beat on the best UK price you can find, so it always pays to buy from them. They will also price match any price you can find in the EU at FC Moto or wherever. I saved over £600 on the list price of the Nivala suit just by using their price beat.

Rukka Nivala all day, best suit I've had in 34 years of riding....absolute cnut in boiling hot weather but then aren't they all, mesh jacket and jeans all summer with cheap waterproof cag and trousers in the pannier.

I took the Rukka Nivala jacket to Spain and Portugal this year and you are right, it's just too hot when the weather is scorchio. It was perfect at the top of the Picos in the snow though.

Next year, I will still take it, but I will also take my Fukka Forsair Pro mesh type jacket. It uses exactly the same armour as the Nivala jacket, so I can just swap armour between the jackets to avoid too much bulk. Rokker Revolution jeans are 100% waterproof and work well warm or cold, so no need to change or put overtrousers on if it rains.

Agreed - I live just down the road from Motolegends and they are a top shop for bike gear. I buy almost all my kit there - but be warned they don't sell anything they don't really rate - which means there's not much low end kit there.

They have Rukka, Stadler, Klim, Halvarsson, etc.... and normally have a LOT of stock.

I ended up with the Rukka Nivala suit as well. Bought the jacket first, then the trousers when the weather started to get cold. It's a great suit despite the price.

My top tip is to do your homework before buying anything. Check out the features, go and try on a few suits to see what feels best, then do more homework on best available price online. Motolegends will do a 10% price beat on the best UK price you can find, so it always pays to buy from them. They will also price match any price you can find in the EU at FC Moto or wherever. I saved over £600 on the list price of the Nivala suit just by using their price beat.

Yep, thats my new year plan to visit them. I am now well read up (read frustrated and bored) with all the toing and froing over features versus price versus warranty and trying to find the right size. I am now quite keen on the stadler (10 year warranty) for not much more money than mid level rukka with iffy venting. Halvarrsons would be great if they did goretex and / or a longer warranty. Not paying £400 quid for just 2 years (well not yet :)) If its only 2 years then might as well go for Richa and goretex warranty at the £300 mark...I am glad they match FC Moto cos they are very good value.

I am glad they match FC Moto cos they are very good value.

Yes indeed - as long as FC-M have stock, in the size you want, Leg Ends will match the price including postage - so your price will be the same as FC-M delivered to your door, but with UK warranty and support.

Have a look at Infinity as well - they are UK based, so Leg Ends will do a 10% price beat - and they have Rukka gear at good sale prices sometimes.....maybe even right after Christmas!

Yes indeed - as long as FC-M have stock, in the size you want, Leg Ends will match the price including postage - so your price will be the same as FC-M delivered to your door, but with UK warranty and support.

Have a look at Infinity as well - they are UK based, so Leg Ends will do a 10% price beat - and they have Rukka gear at good sale prices sometimes.....maybe even right after Christmas!

In fact, I just did a quick search and it appears that JS, Infinity and Sportsbikeshop all have the Nivala jacket at £1079 right now. So with 10% off that number, you are looking at £971 from Leg Ends.

I’ve looked at Rukka but bloody hell its heavy ...

I thought this as I tried it on in the dealer, but in practice it's fine, and after a few uses I don't notice any longer - it does feel "secure" though, which is nice.

I miss read the title as slut advice... this thread has not proven as illuminating as I had hoped....

Light colours are better -

Black absorbs heat and you and up drowning ;)

Light colours reflect heat

That will be why the Tuareg who live in the Sahara one of the hottest places on earth wear black and dark blue as opposed to white then, because obviously they know feck all ???

That will be why the Tuareg who live in the Sahara one of the hottest places on earth wear black and dark blue as opposed to white then, because obviously they know feck all ???
Damn, beaten too it.

It's indigo and stains their skin blue. It is also rather cold at night too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Damn, beaten too it.

It's indigo and stains their skin blue. It is also rather cold at night too.

to be fair I think it used to be indigo but even in the Sahara they use modern dye's, had a mate go to Timbuktu and was very disappointed with baseball caps and nike trainers etc on display, he thought it would be way more ethnic.

to be fair I think it used to be indigo but even in the Sahara they use modern dye's, had a mate go to Timbuktu and was very disappointed with baseball caps and nike trainers etc on display, he thought it would be way more ethnic.
It was many decades ago, Timbuktu was becoming quite touristy, and was probably at the cusp of becoming "modern".

Nivala is the way to go if your going for Rukka, its light years ahead of the older gear with its levels of stretch and flex.

Mind you the new Coriace leather suit is also very nice and very very comfortable as its perforated so lightweight for leather.

Holy thread ressurection

I have just ordered a Rukka Coriace although it is called something different in Germany

I wanted some under the radar leathers as opposed to covered in sliders and bits of titanium and leave you stood up looking like a deformed chimp so these seem to fit the bill with the added advantage of being waterproof

I have a couple of the Coriace suits, trousers are amazing, jacket is also very good but the sleeves are unfeasibly long.

The leg armour is Level 1 due to it already being under leather, I just swapped them out for a set from some of my the Nivalas which are level 2 to get een more protection.

It really is waterproof, and cool in the summer :okay

Back
Top Bottom