Tom Tom Rider supplied by Honda

.... I managed to plot a route and transfer it to the Tom Tom......Hopefully going out Monday day to try following a fabulous loop in Normandy.....

It’s Tuesday day. Did the fab route work awesomely?

It’s Tuesday day. Did the fab route work awesomely?

Got myself ready yesterday. Then it started raining, the forecast implied rain in the afternoon. It was a day at base in the end. We have a drizzle of rain again today plus a service on the ride on. It looks like definitely Wednesday now.

I have never been a fair weather rider. Now if I do not need to go on the road bike it can wait. May as well enjoy a dry day.

Thank you for asking. I will update when I do get out.

Update,

I got out today 215 kilometre route. Some fantastic roads, so quiet considering its the main holiday period here in France.

Getting used to the bike and being on a road bike after a 6 year absence.

I managed to follow the sat nav, with the help of the Bluetooth Scarla rider also purchased from this site. Occasionally I did have interference from the unit. Also the moulded ear plugs were hurting something chronic. The route needed a few tweaks, as there were a few detours on the original link I mapped out. Overall very pleased.

Just tried to upload the route, declined due to invalid file.

Excellent. You’ve done it and it all (near enough) worked OK.

Host the route on something like Dropbox and share it here, please. Bods are always looking for good ideas in that part of the world.

Richard

Further update.

The mrs and myself went from Domfront to Cancale a beautiful seaside resort in Brittany.

I planned the route directly from the Tom Tom. Selecting twisty roads.

Unfortunately the roads we traveled on were more akin to the narrow country lanes with no white lines in the U.K. With the added focus of the X signposts, indicating cars joining from the next junction have priority over us.

It was fair to say they were very twisty, but not flowing. Lots of small villages and left, rights and crossroads.

It took a lot longer to get to the final destination than planned.

On the way back I selected fastest route, which was more of a straight line route.

Today I spent more time with My routeapp. Plotting more routes and sending them to the unit.

My only issue I cannot solve at the moment is getting the Scarla Q1 to pair with each unit. Meaning we cannot talk via the Scarla unit rider to pillion.

The unit I use links my phone and sarnav no problem. Very frustrating that I cannot solve this problem.

Other than that , lots of positives.

Hopefully this week I will be out on the green lanes with my off road bike. Plotted a route on Basecamp.

That’s it for now.

My only issue I cannot solve at the moment is getting the Scarla Q1 to pair with each unit. Meaning we cannot talk via the Scarla unit rider to pillion.

The unit I use links my phone and sarnav no problem. Very frustrating that I cannot solve this problem.

Post your problem in the ‘I can’t hear anything section’, it’s what it’s there for.

Back
Top Bottom