Tom Tom Rider Mount on New 1250GS

MF-Racing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Picking up my new 1250GS in a few weeks which comes with the Nav cradle already fitted. Now reading all the issues people are having with the BMWNav I/IV i think i'm going to stick with my Tom Tom Rider 420 as i think its great. I'm going to remove the factory cradle. Couple of questions i hope you can help with...

My Tom Tom is currently hardwired up to my S1000RR using the BMW Accessory socket plug which works great, does the GS have the same plug? Where is it located?

What the best mounting solution to put the Tom Tom in the same location of the factory fit cradle (once removed)?

Thanks very much!

Hi

Just follow the cable from the BMW cradle when you remove it, you’ll find the plug easily on the inside of the fairing to the right

My TomTom Rider V5 is mounted using the TomTom charging support and a home made clamp on the original cross bar

Hi

Just follow the cable from the BMW cradle when you remove it, you’ll find the plug easily on the inside of the fairing to the right

My TomTom Rider V5 is mounted using the TomTom charging support and a home made clamp on the original cross bar

Cool hopefully the plug is the same as the one on the S1000RR. Just cant find a mount that i could use to clamp on to the crossbar!

That looks very like a (Chinese, maybe) copy of one of the regular TomTom mounts available from the likes of Wunderlich. You can find several mounts by Googling: TomTom Rider Mount 1250GS

You might do better asking your question about the mount in the 1250 section. There are plenty of bods in there that never venture anywhere else in the forum

Back
Top Bottom