Adventure Bike Festival July 2020

The bike is all packed setting off tomorrow morning from the north coast of Scotland. Doing a wee stopover in Blackpool for the night then leaving there Friday morning heading to the show from there

The bike is all packed setting off tomorrow morning from the north coast of Scotland. Doing a wee stopover in Blackpool for the night then leaving there Friday morning heading to the show from there

Have a good trip down Gareth :cool:

I'll be there on the Africa Twin. Looking forward to it, providing it's dry :D

Get yourself a Kiss me Quick hat and some Blackpool rock for us Tossers :D

The Himalayan is well on it's way to being packed ready to go, just sorting my camping gear as it's not seen the light of day for a while :thumb2

packed. 1 pannier is slightly empty as I have decided to boycott cooking this weekend. I think. Not sure. Maybe. I'll be on the food stalls or in the bar!

packed. 1 pannier is slightly empty as I have decided to boycott cooking this weekend. I think. Not sure. Maybe. I'll be on the food stalls or in the bar!

Ditto, the food offerings look AMAZING

Covid test and results logged last night, plus I am tested at work this morning too

I like cooking my own stuff as it's part of it for me, cheaper too so, cooking equipment packed along with grub
which will, in the morning just before i leave, include bacon or sausages or possibly both for a Sat morning fry up :thumb2

Done my Covid test this morning and, surprise surprise it's negative so, having got the confirmation text and email to show at the gate, i'm good to go :thumb2

Thought I had a lot of luggage till I saw the 3 Adventures at Tesco in Stratford this afternoon. I think I have to try harder next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like cooking my own stuff as it's part of it for me, cheaper too so, cooking equipment packed along with grub
which will, in the morning just before i leave, include bacon or sausages or possibly both for a Sat morning fry up :thumb2

Done my Covid test this morning and, surprise surprise it's negative so, having got the confirmation text and email to show at the gate, i'm good to go :thumb2

Covid test done, route goes past HH cafe on the way back for my brekkie! I doubt \i'll be alone either. Dilemma now is summer jeans and mesh jacket or usual rukka jacket etc. Weather doesn't look too bad but this always happens when you have a choice...was easier when i only had 1 pair of trousers for biking!

Same here, test done, bike loaded up like a wee donkey, and very much looking forward to it. Went to Waitrose earlier and sourced many foods that can be resurrected with only a kettle ;)

ABR

Due to a change ,
I am only able to visit as a day visitor on Saturday,looking at Q&A on the
it suggest being there promptly 9:30am???
I thought you would be able to arrive within reason at most times of the day?
Anybody just visiting for the day visit?
Rgds Allan:thumb2

fantastic event enduro trail was excellent , all sort going around food was good and the bar area . Que for every all things best of all the toilets were top notch well done the bog trolls .

Had a great time, met up with a couple of mates who I haven’t seen for 2 years who also kindly gave me use of a KTM 350exc for the weekend, so I took that around the trails rather than the (pristine) Africa twin :D

I had an absolutely fantastic time, hats off to the organisers
Great to see a few from here again and put new faces to names of those I hadn't met before, a pleasure to meet you all.

The food offerings were well priced, varied and very good...I ate as much as I could lol :D
Facilities were clean, showers were clean and hot.... plenty of sanitizer stations
No complaints from me at all.

Yep totally agree with y2blade. Excellent weekend and facilities very well organised and the weather threatened but in the end kept dry during the day. My only problem was I left my phone at home so couldn't meet up with any fellow ukgsers. Definitely going again next year.

Yep totally agree with y2blade. Excellent weekend and facilities very well organised and the weather threatened but in the end kept dry during the day. My only problem was I left my phone at home so couldn't meet up with any fellow ukgsers. Definitely going again next year.

I said to Don I thought I saw you but wasn't 100%

I should have grabbed you anyway :p

I said to Don I thought I saw you but wasn't 100%

I should have grabbed you anyway :p

Should have done. I was looking out for your fisherman / bush hat but no chance in the crowds. Oh well see you at the next one or the non camping weekend which no one is going to go to again
Off to Nick Sander's Mach festival this weekend. :beerjug:

Well I had so mutch fun this year looking to get my tickets for next year cant seem to be able to checkout on the website for next year tickets must be too early still

Got it sorted you need to be logged in to book tickets

Back
Top Bottom