Adventure Bike Festival July 2020

I've never been before, watched a few vids yesterday...it looks like a fantastic weekend what with the trail route to ride and all the dealers there with bikes to look at etc

With 6,000 tickets already (all sold out) gone and now the announcement of another big batch of tickets to be made available, it will be crammed.
Considering it is only for a weekend, hopefully test rides will be on a 24 hr schedule.

Love queues in the summer .

Patria o Muerte

With 6,000 tickets already (all sold out) gone and now the announcement of another big batch of tickets to be made available, it will be crammed.
Considering it is only for a weekend, hopefully test rides will be on a 24 hr schedule.

Love queues in the summer .

Patria o Muerte

tbh I'm not fussed about test riding other bikes, I'd like to ride my own around the trail route though as the majority of my local green lanes are now restricted byways (other than Salisbury plain gravel roads) so rarely have a chance to trail ride on mine. :(

I'm more than happy to pitch my tent, have a ride around then chat with new people, buy some overpriced gear/farkles, look at all the bikes and chill out

and me too

Last year it was supposed to coincide with the 40th birthday of my local TRF group (Loddon Vale) so quite a few of us bought tickets and were planning to ride over using as much off road as possible. I think all the tickets are valid for this year so no doubt there will be a few of us hoping to do the same as we had planned for last year.

Will be good to catch up with a few old tossers! :D

No he won't - I'm going too! ;) :D

Me too :beerjug:
I might have a spare ticket too as Mrs may not be able to come with me. It All depends on her work arrangements which at this moment in time are still vague due to impact of covid lockdowns.

its going to happen with a valid covid test , well it should go ahead please all gs rider stand up when riding on the campsite. it gives the image of a full adventure rider, I will be selling packets of adventure mud near the entrance so you can look the part !

its going to happen with a valid covid test , well it should go ahead please all gs rider stand up when riding on the campsite. it gives the image of a full adventure rider, I will be selling packets of adventure mud near the entrance so you can look the part !

Can't wait

Do I need to air down the tires a bit as well? what PSI please?

has it been cancelled due to covid or are we all good to go , just that my legs hurt from all this standing up. as for psi what oil shall I use to cook bacon and eggs?

An email today from them to confirm it is on.
Got the copy of the weekend guide to activities planned.

As Bridgestone will be there selling tyres at discount, do they have a facility to change tyres if bought on site?

Could do with a new rear.

Patria o Muerte

I'm tempted to book mine in for a clean as well. Be the second time only it's had a wash! Yep, all go..

Copied from ABR Forum:

Reading the guide and it mentions that a check code is required for test rides. Glad I read this as I wasnt aware.

Easy enough to get, but my question is....

is a different check code required for each separate bike you want to test ride?

Im assuming so, so just got a batch of 10 generated and took a photo of the screen. Worth mentioning incase anyone else doesnt read the print regarding the check codes.

Google DVLA Check codes......you will need your driving licence number and national insurance number.

Copied from ABR Forum:

Reading the guide and it mentions that a check code is required for test rides. Glad I read this as I wasnt aware.

Easy enough to get, but my question is....

is a different check code required for each separate bike you want to test ride?

Im assuming so, so just got a batch of 10 generated and took a photo of the screen. Worth mentioning incase anyone else doesnt read the print regarding the check codes.

Google DVLA Check codes......you will need your driving licence number and national insurance number.

Good shout :)

link here
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

I'll be there with an Unchained Tours stand so please drop by to say hello and just have a chat.

Back
Top Bottom