Next years tickets on sale already with an early bird discount to £49

Build it..............................and they will come :thumby:

This year's Festival was fantastic

2020's Festival will be better

Next years tickets on sale already with an early bird discount to £49

Build it..............................and they will come :thumby:

This year's Festival was fantastic

2020's Festival will be better

Chris from Bristol was sporting an epic top lip; and a very cool C90; the camp site looked well organised; and there were loads of smiley faces. Looked like a good do.:beerjug:

Chris from Bristol was sporting an epic top lip; and a very cool C90; the camp site looked well organised; and there were loads of smiley faces. Looked like a good do.:beerjug:

It was epic, never been before...............but well worth it

Friend of mine went. Invited me for this year's. I didn't go as I'd much rather travel/have a trackday/get stuck with the bike on some greenlanes (because I'm shit offroad, not because said greenlane was difficult :D ).
Not my cup of tea to be honest. People have different tastes.
I was under the impression that stuff like this (like Garmish) means being in a relatively closed compound being sold stuff left and right? I might be wrong?

Ps ... weekend ticket purchased ... I,m going :bounce1

Friend of mine went. Invited me for this year's. I didn't go as I'd much rather travel/have a trackday/get stuck with the bike on some greenlanes (because I'm shit offroad, not because said greenlane was difficult :D ).
Not my cup of tea to be honest. People have different tastes.
I was under the impression that stuff like this (like Garmish) means being in a relatively closed compound being sold stuff left and right? I might be wrong?

Not like that at all
Very chilled and relaxed & friendly
Loads to do or just have a ride around Cotswolds on yer Tod
We ate at the splendid Mill Inn every night

I was there volunteering with the Trf leading rideouts. Totally bombed out all 3 days hardly saw anything of the show until around lunch time on Sunday.

Lots of people trying Greenlaning on big bikes for the first time.

A very well organised show. I expect they will learn the security lessons for next year.

It's definitely not a sales show...

I'm led to believe though that one of the manufacturers was being "selective" on who got test rides unless the sales guys thought there was a sale to be had. Sad if that was the case but unsurprising.

I'm led to believe though that one of the manufacturers was being "selective" on who got test rides unless the sales guys thought there was a sale to be had. Sad if that was the case but unsurprising.

Which one, I rode the Tenere 700, the Yam WR450F and the 1260 Ducati Multi and didn't find that to be the case

Couldn't get near Honda as they brought too few bikes, D'oh and I wanted to ride the CRF450L to compare against the WR450

Turned up, camped, talked to people, looked at variety of bikes, drank beer, wandered around, went to Gaydon car museum and around, drank nice tea and coffee (never even unpacked my stove), bought meals, after a 3am leak couldn’t find the tent (next time will put a light on top), did I mention drank beer and talked to people.
Altogether a great weekend.

Tom

Seems different from your traditional usual £10 - 12 rally, with 50 - 100 rallyists attending.
But at £49 even for an early bird ticket seems bloated to the extreme. Hopefully this will not become the norm.

A friend went this year and did say it was great. He came back with a plastic bag full of freebies.
Hobnobbing with the elitist adventurists on their new GSA’s or KTM’s plastered with the latest Touratech accessory.

May be I’m too old fashioned or just old but come November, riding to the 30th ‘Pissed as a Parrot’ rally near Buxton on my 1150GSA. Eighty limit and £8 entry fee.
My summer and winter hack .

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Seems different from your traditional usual £10 - 12 rally, with 50 - 100 rallyists attending.

But at £49 even for an early bird ticket seems bloated to the extreme. Hopefully this will not become the norm.

A friend went this year and did say it was great. He came back with a plastic bag full of freebies.
Hobnobbing with the elitist adventurists on their new GSA’s or KTM’s plastered with the latest Touratech accessory.

May be I’m too old fashioned or just old but come November, riding to the 30th ‘Pissed as a Parrot’ rally near Buxton on my 1150GSA. Eighty limit and £8 entry fee.
My summer and winter hack .

But it's not a Rally, it's a Festival - hence the title Adventure Bike Rider Festival - with 2500 people attending

I don't see many Bike manufacturers trekking across Europe in an Artic Truck full of demo bikes, attending the Dragon Rally or somesuch in a boggy field in North Wales in February:blast

But it's not a Rally, it's a Festival - hence the title Adventure Bike Rider Festival - with 2500 people attending

I don't see many Bike manufacturers trekking across Europe in an Artic Truck full of demo bikes, attending the Dragon Rally or somesuch in a boggy field in North Wales in February:blast

Which band are headlining then ?

Sod it, gone and bought a ticket . May have to bring my own weekend supplies after paying so much.
Got a year to get in to the adventure mode.

Back
Top Bottom