New Postie bike

I had a CT90 that I bought from DK motorcycles,

I rebuilt it,
When I got it running it turned out that it had no first gear, so I stripped it down, and the problem was the pins that are cast onto second gear had broke off, they move along the shaft and engage in slots on first gear, I had to order the gear from Australia, obviously I replaced wearing parts like the camchain and piston and rings,
The switchgear was replaced with CG125 stuff, rewired to suit, I painted it bright orange, I had a modified milk crate on the rack, so I could just lob a shopping bag in there and set off,

It was pretty mint when I finished, it owed me about a grand all in,

Which is what I sold it for, and put the money towards a Moto Guzzi lodola, I never planned to sell, it was just someone was interested and the lodola was for sale.

I would consider it’s replacement as a ride to work machine, I have a cbr250r at the moment.

A nice bimble from Kenilworth, Knowle, Stratford, Alcester, Old Evesham Road, Evesham, Broadway, Boughton-on-the-water for lunch

..... and I'm sure I read somewhere that the CT125 engine is exactly the same as a Grom...

Which means theres a big bore bolt on kit? already available, plug and play 186cc :D

Should your farkling itch require scratching

Did they drop the 2 gear final drive option shown on some of the early hype and the original?

Bill

From what I understand the Hi/Lo feature has been dropped.

Because this engine has more power/torque.... something on those lines....

Have you tried the newish Honda Monkey-bike? It's quirky, chilled out and great fun.

I was considering taking mine to the IOM this year. The 186 miles to Heysham would be an adventure in itself.

When I was running my 125 Monkey in , it was doing 190 to the gallon, so that journey could be yours for under six quid! Have you done the 14 tooth gearbox sprocket mod, about a tenner from Bens bikes. Makes fourth less of an overdrive gear.

When I was running my 125 Monkey in , it was doing 190 to the gallon, so that journey could be yours for under six quid! Have you done the 14 tooth gearbox sprocket mod, about a tenner from Bens bikes. Makes fourth less of an overdrive gear.

I've just been riding it normally which doesn't include thrashing it because there's no point.

First thing I did was fit heated grips and a rack. I may change the chain because if it's anything like the one I had on a MSX 125, it'll be full of tight spots soon.

I’m still liking the look of it.New trendy promo vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mmKA-5iwI2U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited to add,I’ve just seen Warlord has started a new thread about it.Oh well......

Lovely little bikes and the advert was good fun but every time I saw those cool yoof doing all those cool things I couldn't help substituting them with old, fat, white, GS riders in Twat suits............

Andres

Lovely little bikes and the advert was good fun but every time I saw those cool yoof doing all those cool things I couldn't help substituting them with old, fat, white, GS riders in Twat suits............

Andres

Very true, but I don’t think it’ll appeal to the stereotypical fat tosser.
They won’t want a puny little 125 so wont ‘get’ it.
It’ll appeal more to the likes of Micky, who’d probably ride it to Mongolia,and others who don’t give a flying fuck what they look like but want something light and fun to play on.
I can see myself getting one.Perfect bike for the Brittany pad and possibly for locally too.Might get two ! :)
It’s just you as well, I think.....

They won’t want a puny little 125 so wont get it.
It’ll appeal more to the likes of Micky, who’d probably ride it to Mongolia,and others who don’t give a flying fuck what they look like but want something light and fun to play on.
I can see myself getting one.Perfect bike for the Brittany pad and possibly for locally too.Might get two ! :)
It’s just you too, I think.....

Agreed :)

And yes, I'd love one, it'd be the perfect 'nip about town'/commuter bike for me ~ not sure I could justify a new one but maybe once they've been out a year and there are some low mileage second hand ones around.........

Andres

Agreed :)

And yes, I'd love one, it'd be the perfect 'nip about town'/commuter bike for me ~ not sure I could justify a new one but maybe once they've been out a year and there are some low mileage second hand ones around.........

Andres

A perfect bike to re-do your Tomos trip with the lovely A....though you would need 2......

I was going to get a 2020 SH125i to replace my 2012 SH that I sold last year, but seeing the CT has made me hang on and wait for that. Slightly slower than the SH, not as much protection but looks like a laugh.

RBW.

They won’t want a puny little 125 so wont ‘get’ it.
It’s just you as well, I think.....

Well I'm a fat Tosser :D

But yes, I like it so very much ... where do I sign

:beerjug:

I very nearly bought a Monkey Bike last year, and again during Lockdown as they were going for £2,995 delivered at one point.

But what stopped me was a £3000 one-trick-pony conclusion.

Whereas this bike, CT125 could be the crazy Adventure bike I'd risk taking off road alone.

Couldn't do that on my HAT as it's too heavy to lift with broken ribs :D

I've just been riding it normally which doesn't include thrashing it because there's no point.

First thing I did was fit heated grips and a rack. I may change the chain because if it's anything like the one I had on a MSX 125, it'll be full of tight spots soon.

I changed my chain at 600 miles for a DID 420 gold , a bit of bling , and full knowledge it will probably do 20,000 miles with the puny 10 hp output. It looks brilliant and I will probably sell it before I get to 2500 miles.

Back
Top Bottom